Chinese-Forums

Global Village (Diqiucun)- Wudaokou

viking86

For those who have attended Diqiucun in Wudaokou, could you tell me how to register?

I was reading previous threads on Global Village and it said that there a three different classes per level.

" For example in the intermediate level you have 3 different courses for the speaking (中级汉语口语 1, 2, 3 - so mind the number on the schedule), one for the listening (中级汉语听和说) and 2 reading courses (which are called 桥梁上 et 下). "

I went there today and the lady said I was in the middle level since I learned Chinese in college for two years (and promptly forgotten most of it...). But the class she showed me was oral.

Looking at the list of classes for intermediate level, they show speaking classes and reading courses. Does anyone know if they stopped teaching the listening courses? (Perhaps they combined it with the speaking...after all, listening and speaking should go together...).

The price for ten days was 300 RMB for one class M-F. Is that expensive?

1.You can shop around to get a feel for the rates. DQC isn't the only school in wudaokou. The rate may be cheaper if you pay for more days in advance, you may want to check with them, and ask about their policy for changing classes if you find one is not appropriate for your level.

2. You should be able to audit at least one class for free.

3. They use to have a news class for listening comprehension...I think.

4. How many class hours are per day for that one class? Is it just 1 hr, or two-45 minute sessions?

Edited by heifeng

Advantage of a school like 地球村 is that you can shop around by paying class-by-class until you find something you like. Good teacher, materials at the right level, etc.

Most students don't study full time at the school, at least at the Wudaokou branch, so if you study there fulltime you're a bit of an exception.

Well it is from 10:40-12:10 from Monday -Friday. The thing is, I have an internship starting in January so that's why I was starting with ten days. I can do almost anytime during the month of December but once January hits, it all depends on when I start and get out of work. I not only want to improve my oral but my writing as well....

Thanks guys, you are really helpful! This is better than the thebeijinger and cityweekend...haha.