Chinese-Forums

Beijing Radio & Television University - WARNING

benjaminbauert

Hi,

I studied at the Beijing Radio & Television University earlier this year and I would not recommend anyone to study there. The administration staff (one guy in particular) were never upfront about information, which resulted in me losing money I would not have otherwise paid them.

There are better places to study where you will deal with people wanting to help you, not just take your money.

Cheers

Sure thing rody - anything to help others out there that might find my experience useful.

They were not upfront about:

1. payment schedule for tuition

2. flexibility of class hours

3. flexibility of class dates

4. their ability to refund class hours that was guaranteed on several occassions.

One guy in particular consistently b(ull)s(hitte)'d almost on a daily basis and he was meant to have been the first point of contact for foreign students. Pretty lousy, wouldn't you say?

I know it's standard to have to deal with the truth stretched here and there, but dealing with the administration at that university was a joke.

Can you take it seriously now, pal? Or do you want names and dates?

To show why more information is helpful, the following is how I interpret your complaints:

1. payment schedule for tuition

You wanted to pay randomly throughout a semester, rather than upfront.

2. flexibility of class hours

You felt they should move the class times around just for you.

3. flexibility of class dates

You wanted the semester to finish a week later so you could take a week's break to go traveling without missing class.

4. their ability to refund class hours that was guaranteed on several occassions.

You didn't feel like going to class a few times and then demanded a refund for the hours you didn't attend.

:wink:

So you can see, without the actual story a general complaint is not really helpful in helping people decide whether to go there or not, and if they do, what to watch out for.

To add to that - it's extremely rare for someone to have such a bad experience they claim everyone should avoid a particular service or product. From what you've said so far (and I note a complete lack of comment on the actual classes) the school might be best avoided by anyone who expects to need a refund or flexible classes, etc (optimistic expectations for any university in China I suspect), but could still well be a perfectly good option for many. A factual account of what actually happened which people can use to make their own decisions is infinitely more valuable than 'Warning, stay away.'