Chinese-Forums

Poll: What's your HSK level?

anonymoose

What's your HSK level?  

1. 1. What's your HSK level?

• Never taken it, never will
    • Never taken it, but probably will someday

Me? Oh, no I don't need to vote more than once, I personally only take the 'old' HSK advanced seriously...I just meant, maybe some people (not necessarily refering to myself here) never took the HSK listed on this poll since BLCU was trying to confuse us all with all those other exams a while ago..

Wow, that's a lot of 'probably somedays' - I guess it's easy to forget that even finding the HSK outside of China is pretty difficult, let alone taking it.

Mine's a 9 on the advanced, btw. Not sure if I'll ever take it again.

Interesting statistics here.

Having taken both the intermediate and advanced exams, I think the notion that has been floating around, that it is easier to get a 9 than an 8, is not at all true. These poll results would seem to corroborate that, since the number of 8s is significantly greater than the number of 9s (although I do accept that part of the reason may be due to factors that other posters have mentioned).

Also, we only have one 10 so far. Well, congratulations to whoever it was that achieved that. :clap

The poll's annonymous, but since we are giving our scores anyway, I voted 10. I received a 10, three stinkin' times:twisted: I think that getting an 11 in the listening or reading section is the hardest part of the advanced exam. However, the exam itself is a pretty good motivational tool. I highly recommend it, and the Advanced HSK thread on this forum:mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

I think there needs to be another option for "Those who will never fess up to it" and "Those that are too embarassed"

I got an 8 over a year ago when I took but have no clue how I would do today. I also do not plan on ever taking it again.

I think the problem is that anyone achieving an 11 is kidnapped by black-suited HSK operatives who helicopter them off to a secret mountaintop base in Jiuzhaigou, where they spend the rest of their lives forced to write crosstalk scripts.

Anyway, I'm bored of exams. I've got more interesting things to not get around to doing.