Chinese-Forums

Post a sample of your pronunciation here!

mandarina

• 1 month later...

Continue working on my pronunciation. This is an exchange written in English which I then said in Chinese. Any feedback welcome.

https://clyp.it/sg0c4jhr

<iframe width="100%" height="265" src="https://clyp.it/sg0c4jhr/widget" frameborder="0"></iframe>

你有时间吗.wav

• Like 1

@suMMit All your tones are on point, nothing wrong here. Need to now work on getting the emphasis on the right parts of the sentence and it'll help you sound more natural and less robotic. One 行 sounds a bit like 'shing', and similarly the 商 in 商场 came out sounding a bit too close too 'xiang'. You can pick up your foreign accent in the 'zhi chi shi' group, but its not wrong and not really important, just thought it would be good for reference (I also have trouble with this group of sounds too) 

• Helpful 2

4 hours ago, suMMit said:

this is my struggle

pretty sure this is everyones struggle, takes years. Two things I could recommend from my own experience is shadowing mass sentences and reading lots of books aloud. The former is good for internalising rhythmns, the latter is good for forcing your brain to sound out the emphasis of a sentence based on comprehension. You will quickly get a feel of how to express the different meanings of say 是我的朋友 and 他是的朋友 by actually voicing out sentences over and over. I spent months reading the defrancis readers out loud and it made a massive difference for me.

• Helpful 1

11 hours ago, Tomsima said:

You will quickly get a feel of how to express the different meanings of say 是我的朋友 and 他是的朋友

Tomsima, this was really helpful, about the word stress. I was doing an exercise this morning and the dialog was: 

a: 李老师什么时候给我们上课

b: 李老师下个月给我们上课

The 下个月was very clearly emphasized, but honestly I don't think i've been taking much notice to that aspect. There were many other similar instances in todays dialogs as well. Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

Hello! I wanted to post my pronunciation to get feedback so here's a small 自我介绍。My grammar was funny in places for instance I was going to say "那时候” but ended up saying 那一次. I've been watching a lot of Chinese learners speak Chinese recently and the main thing I've been seeing has feedback is "you could've stressed the tones better" and it got me thinking about my own pronunciation and what I need might need to improve so feedback will be appreciated!

lianxi

• 3 weeks later...

Would love to see more people post there audio samples here!

I thought about this as I posted this comment yesterday (my last comment in this thread):

https://www.chinese-forums.com/blogs/entry/1051-trying-to-get-back-into-he-swing/

Everyones willing to give their language learning advice that they are quite adamant about, yet we haven't heard how well they can actually speak. I've been through all the posts in this section (which seems to have dried up quite a while ago) and yes, I've heard Imrons audio - he speaks Chinese very well, therefore I give his advice more credence. Yes, I've come across some of the other frequent posters here, and ditto. But most of the posters have not posted any audio clips.

Cmon, post an audio clip, lets hear you. It's fun, interesting, educational!!

7 hours ago, suMMit said:

I thought about this as I posted this comment yesterday (my last comment in this thread):

https://www.chinese-forums.com/blogs/entry/1051-trying-to-get-back-into-he-swing/

Everyones willing to give their language learning advice that they are quite adamant about, yet we haven't heard how well they can actually speak.

I have been studying Chinese for nearly a year now, but speaking is definitely the most neglected part. There is really no point posting a sample online as I am self-aware of enough "room for improvement" to keep myself busy ? I guess I would post a sample here once I reach a more advanced stage and look for nuances. 

I am not commenting on other people's audios, because I would not be able to give a detailed feedback even though I can often spot their accent or that something is off.

The only value I see in beginners posting their speaking is to be reassured that you are not alone in your struggle and that not everyone speaks like 大山.

Id post samples, but I'm not sure how to record the audio on my phone and attach it to the forum.  

start us off, starting is the hard part, but once 1 or 2 people start posting samples and more and more would probably come join

23 hours ago, suMMit said:

• 11 months later...