Chinese-Forums

wanting a beautiful foreign girlfriend(beijing)

forestiger

No, I agree, it's not fair to ridicule the OP. Besides, aren't we all here to learn about China and the Chinese, so here we go:

Basically, what we have here is a typical example of CULTURE SHOCK in it's "naked" form. And no it's not dating he's talking about. He desperately needs a wife a 媳妇 daughter in law to take care of his parents. The guy has a DREAM, but don't we all? Those of you who found this thread hilarious probably just "skipped" reading the Chinese text below. If you read through you'll surely notice that he says:

一. 老大不小了,该找个媳妇了 he (老大) feels (or is constantly being told that) he's getting old at 25 (culture shock no.1), and is under pressure to get married, that's quite common in China. Traditionally old folks demand grandchildren to maintain the family name.

二.An anti racist talking racism? Well,I don't think so. He's just sincere in stating his preferences. He says he wants a blue-eyed girlfriend for no other reason (只有一个原因...)than because he finds this extremely beautiful: (太漂亮了) he's dreaming of blue eyes. The fact that he is completely ignorant of western population we can just ignore here. Oh , and : 长得白白的 Now that's typically Chinese, the Chinese just happen to prefer white skin in women. God he's not a Nazi! Just a nice Chinese guy.

三. 我喜欢学习外语,每一天都在进步。尤其喜欢西方文化,历史。我之所以喜欢外国女孩,...He is fascinated by the Western culture, dreams of learning foreign languages, so it's only natural that he should want a foreign girlfriend, pardon, wife to make his dream come true. He's probably thinking: now that my time has come to get married I want to be different, 他要面子 so he decides to do it his way, post at chinese forums where there are certainly many foreign girls learning Chinese - a 与众不同 guy we have here , or at least one who is not ashamed to speak up and ask for what he wants. Besides read this: 我是认真的,我是处男,很纯的 he's serious, a male-virgin (!), so "pure"- could any girl ask for more? Culture shock again.

四.About the 20 years that his wife should spend in China, well, just read the Chinese text in brackets: 永远最好 So, "Chinesely"&universally romantic!

五.A typical traditional male chauvinist? Yes, you can say that alright, read on: 你和我的孩子,...You and my children, he says. But, hey that's ok in his world! So he wrote it , cool. Another culture shock.

六. 跨国,跨人种婚姻会很难。但这对于世界和平来说,这点牺牲算得了什么呢?Just try to imagine his dream-wife: blue-eyed young western beauty, living in poverty far away from home, obeying her loving husband, "waiting" on his old folks,sacrificing all for the sake of world peace, 热爱世界和平 So romantic.

No, I don't think any western girl would really be able to show such a level of obedience and much less condescend to living humbly in poverty (and in a foreign country too) totally depending on her Chinese husband for support and all this just for the love of Chinese language and not to forget: world peace. Yes, the guy has missed a century or two in 男女 relationships, wouldn't you all agree? Hence the culture shock. But I sympathize with him anyway, he's a dreamer, and sometimes dreams do come true.

So, keep dreaming forestiger 朋友. Don't give up! If you happen to find LOVE and you two "click", then no matter what we here say, nothing is impossible :wink:

Good luck!

Edited by leeyah
:)

In the U.S., his advertisement would probably be summarized as:

"College-educated 26yo M seeks loyal, passionate, and family-oriented WF 21-27. Please send pic and stats."

I give the OP points for sincerity and honesty.

In the West, plenty of people have ridiculous and specific requirements for their prospective damsels or Prince Charmings. They just don't put it down in writing.

As for me, I've always been attracted to women who play the cello. I also like world peace.

Well said!

To follow on from my earlier post, so far today the contact form has been used to a) say "i cant log_in" - well you didn't give me your username, so I can't help_you; B) send me links to a 'mackintosh fetish ' site (I swear I'm not making this up); c) ask for help buying cheap electronics from China for someone in Oman; and d) by a budding Chinese freelance translator to ask me "Wound you please give me some tips? Is there anything I should pay special attentions? "

I agree that the guy probably doesn't mean bad, but really, this goes beyond cultural differences.

Hi, I'm Chinese, I want a beautiful woman with blue eyes who will marry and obey me and have my babies because she loves Chinese culture and world peace. In return, I will be your traditional Chinese husband, and poor, too.

This is not Chinese culture. This is just... ignorant. (The western counterpart is probably the kind of guy who orders a Chinese or Russian wife online. But at least they offer money and a passport.)

Edit: I don't think it's fake. Two reasons:the annoying interpunction,where no space is left after commas and full stops,is so very Chinese.You rarely see with with people whose mother tongue has words and spaces. Second reason: the Chinese interpunction: 。 instead of . after his ninth point, () instead of () here and there.

And I just noticed he wants to know the time of birth. Now that is very Chinese, I like that he added that :-)

Apart from the name, I don't think it is a fake though I am not a Chinese native speaker so I can't assess the naturalness of his prose.

However, the name is, unusual, Forestiger and Dong Hu (虎)reading the news story makes me think this is a very well done joke. However, the rest seems very genuine.

I guess there's only one way to find out... :)

I've met (even dated) men half as traditional and ignorant as this guy, and that was already way too traditional and ignorant for me.

Amen, Lu! After my experiences, I hesitate to date even more modern and open-minded Chinese guys - it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with culture.

This is just... ignorant. (The western counterpart is probably the kind of guy who orders a Chinese or Russian wife online. But at least they offer money and a passport.)

Leave it to a Chinese girl to shoot down this poor guy's chances! :mrgreen: This guy is seriously one in a million whereas there are millions of the "western counterparts" that offer money and a passport. But do they offer the tender love and care that can only come from a pure heart? :) At 165cm and 75kg, I can just imagine this guy to be a short and chubby fuddy-duddy who's a bright-eyed virgin with glasses! Ain't that just so cute?

I don't think it's fake. Two reasons:the annoying interpunction,where no space is left after commas and full stops,is so very Chinese.

The people at my company also write English the way he does. I try to explain that English looks best with English punctuations and to put one space after each period but nobody listens to me...

if this is common dating practice in China, personality traits and hobbies are not important...

It's my observation too from talking to many single girls. The "whom" seems totally irrelevant, will probably the first passer-by they can catch. Most important is the "when". The date seems fixed, even with no prospect around.

Common interests or hobbies are just not relevant. Her interest has to be cooking, cleaning and just being there and agreeing to everything. His interest will be work, hanging out with workmates and coming home drunk.

It's my observation too from talking to many single girls. The "whom" seems totally irrelevant

The "whom" is totally relevant for Chinese guys unlike females. Most Chinese guys want a beautiful wife/girlfriend but many Chinese girls in general can put the good-looking part aside if the guy is financially stable. China is still old-fashioned in this sense.

I'm also starting to think this is a fake due to lines like "Can born sons for me". That is so stereotypical and I doubt anyone would really say that.

flameproof said:

Her interest has to be cooking, cleaning and just being there and agreeing to everything. His interest will be work, hanging out with workmates and coming home drunk.

Whoa, big call on that! Have a steaming pile of generalisation! :roll:

Having said that, I grow tired of all the Chinese girls who chat me up online, and say they'd be perfectly happy to do cooking, cleaning and just being there agreeing to anything, if only I'd marry them... :cry:

Mitch.