Chinese-Forums

wanting a beautiful foreign girlfriend(beijing)

forestiger

interracial dating...

black guys go date white girls (well, more than the "opposite")

white guys date asian girls...(again^)

time to introduce your asian guy friends to black chicks imo...that's one "kind" of union you definitely don't see a lot....

"problem" solved.

(开玩笑)

I have heard of the above "solution" and have heard that there's many Black women who like Asian men. I've asked a black woman friend of mine and she said that Black women like the Asian features of straight black hair and nice skin. She also loves 單眼皮 (singles eyelids). But this match up is statistically the least likely in the world of interracial dating. Surprisingly, other than Asian women, 華僑 men (overseas Chinese) are most likely to date Hispanic women.

Personally, I feel that this is just a case of survival of the fittest. Only the fittest males will pass on their genes. In the case of Chinese men, only the richest, tallest, biggest, best-looking, and/or most affluent will pass on their genes while the "bottom of the barrel" will not. I could write a thesis on this, but would most probably get flamed. :mrgreen:

Back to the thread at hand...

Edit: I missed Forestiger's post above. Don't worry buddy, give it some time and you will get more! :)

Edited by ABCinChina

... interesting is that it seems that many overseas Chinese men also don't date white women, while overseas Chinese women do date white men.

Wish I could find a link to it, or maybe it's just my imigination, but I recall reading some years ago a study using USA census data that showed this was NOT the case, at least for the US. They looked at miscegenation rates for ABC (OK, actually it was American Born Asians, as the census does not break down further), and found it relatively similar for men and women. Somewhere in the mid-30's percent for men and mid-40's percent for woman. Think it used 1990 census data, so it was a while ago....

Wish I could find a link to it, or maybe it's just my imigination, but I recall reading some years ago a study using USA census data that showed this was NOT the case, at least for the US.

See here:

http://www.isteve.com/2003_census_interracial_marriage_gender_gap.htm

2000 Census Shows Interracial Marriage Gender Gaps Remain Large

UPI, March 14, 2003

Like most guys, Asian-American men are fairly reticent about admitting any frustrations in the mating game. But the news for them was even worse. Asian women had white husbands 3.08 times more often than Asian men had white wives. That means 75 percent of white-Asian couples featured a white husband and Asian wife.

http://www.asian-nation.org/interracial2.shtml

This page narrows down the discussion of Asian American intermarriage to marriages in which both spouses are "U.S.-Raised": either U.S.-born (the 2nd or later generations) or who immigrated to the U.S. at age 13 or younger (the "1.5" generation).

http://www.asian-nation.org/interracial2.shtml

This page narrows down the discussion of Asian American intermarriage to marriages in which both spouses are "U.S.-Raised": either U.S.-born (the 2nd or later generations) or who immigrated to the U.S. at age 13 or younger (the "1.5" generation).

I LOVE these forums! Someone here knows the answer to pretty much any question....

Yes, that agrees with my memory. If I'm reading the table correctly, then 35.4% US raised Chinese men and 46.0% of US raised Chinese women marry non-Chinese. [Here they define "US raised" as any person born in the US or moved to the US at age 13 or younger.]

Further, when US raised Chinese marry another US raised person, then men 46.9% of the time and women 55.4% of the time marry non-Chinese.

To me, this says that the preponderance of white men - chinese women couples, over the reverse, is more of a cultural effect than a racial effect.

Edited by jbradfor
had description wrong first time...

35.4% US raised Chinese men and 46.0% of US raised Chinese women marry non-Chinese.

Is this statistic true? Of that 35.4% of Chinese men that marry non-Chinese, a large proportion (maybe 28%) would be married to other Asians. On the other hand, maybe 20% of the 46% of Chinese women married to non-Chinese would be married to Caucasians. Life is great when your White isn't it? (statistically speaking)

Yes, that agrees with my memory. If I'm reading the table correctly, then 35.4% US raised Chinese men and 46.0% of US raised Chinese women marry non-Chinese

The percentages actually are of married people only. So it's 35.4% of married men and 46.0% of married women.

To get the overall percentage, you would have account for the much lower marriage rate among Asian men vs. Asian women in the U.S.:

http://www.isteve.com/2003_census_interracial_marriage_gender_gap.htm

For every 1,000 Asian women with husbands, only 860 Asian men had wives, leaving a large number of Asian bachelors left over. In contrast, for every 1,000 black women who were married, there were 1,059 black married men.

Is this statistic true? Of that 35.4% of Chinese men that marry non-Chinese, a large proportion (maybe 28%) would be married to other Asians. On the other hand, maybe 20% of the 46% of Chinese women married to non-Chinese would be married to Caucasians.

According to the table at http://www.asian-nation.org/interracial2.shtml:

- Of the 35.4% of US-raised Chinese men married to non-Chinese, 11.5% were married to other Asians and 20.2% to whites

- Of the 46% of US-raised Chinese women married to non-Chinese, 7.3% were married to other Asians and 32.8% to whites

There are actually a lot more US-raised Chinese men married to white women than one might guess.

Edited by gato

Of the 35.4% of US-raised Chinese men married to non-Chinese, 11.5% were married to other Asians and 20.2% to whites

I'm sorry but I have to raise the BS flag on whoever came of with these statistics. There are just so many Chinese-Americans who get married to other Asians while being married to White females is relatively rare. This statistic is definitely not true anywhere in the US.

Of the 46% of US-raised Chinese women married to non-Chinese, 7.3% were married to other Asians and 32.8% to whites

This statistic also seems a bit off but believable. If this statistic were true, that would mean that at least every 3 out of 10 married Chinese women in the US were married to White men. That also seems a bit too much as personally I've seen the statistic to be maybe 1-2 out of every 10.

Fair enough. But if these stats are true, then that would mean that 2 out of every 10 married American-born Chinese are married with a white woman. That in turn would mean that in cities like LA, SF, & NY, there would actually be many Chinese male & White female married couples. Now if you were to go to any mall in LA, SF, or NY with Chinese people, you would simply find that this is not the case by counting the amount of married Chinese men with their wife. (Whether Caucasian, Chinese, or other Asian)

If anybody has been to Los Angeles, San Francisco, or New York, then back me up here. :)

Edited by ABCinChina

I'm sorry but I have to raise the BS flag on whoever came of with these statistics. There are just so many Chinese-Americans who get married to other Asians while being married to White females is relatively rare
You're misinterpreting that statement. If you look at the figures "other Asians" refers specifically to Asians other than Chinese.

Of the 35.4% of US-raised Chinese men married to non-Chinese

So, this means that 64.6% US-raised Chinese men are married to a Chinese, plus 11.5% are married to other Asians not-including Chinese for a total of 76.1% (64.6 + 11.5) of US-raised Chinese men married to an Asian (whether Chinese or non-Chinese). 20.2% are married to a white, and the remaining 3.7% are married to some other race.

Same goes for the other statistics.

You're misinterpreting that statement. If you look at the figures "other Asians" refers specifically to Asians other than Chinese.

I think I am understanding this correctly. Seriously, I have no hard feelings here but just think these statistics are wrong from what I've seen. Heck, I've even dated a white girl in college.

So, this means that 64.6% US-raised Chinese men are married to a Chinese, plus 11.5% are married to other Asians not-including Chinese for a total of 76.1% (64.6 + 11.5) of US-raised Chinese men married to an Asian (whether Chinese or non-Chinese). 20.2% are married to a white, and the remaining 3.7% are married to some other race.

Yes, I think I understood that correctly. So this would mean that out of every 100 married Chinese American men that you would come across:

76 men would be married to an Asian woman.

20 men would be married to a White woman.

4 men would be married to another race woman.

Edit: Even if this were true, the above doesn't take into account the large number of Chinese males that can not or will not find a wife. On the other hand, pretty much ALL Chinese females will find a husband.

Edited by ABCinChina

ABCIC, I agree with you that the 20% figure doesn't seem match what one see on the ground in the US, whether it's on college campus or other places where most Asians/Chinese live in the US.

I think it might be a statistical quirk due to the fact that the most ABC's or US-raised Chinese (defined here as someone who came to the US before age of 13) were still too young to be married when these numbers were calculated (probably late 90s or early 00's). Note that the number of US-raised married Chinese men and women given in the table totaled only 250K. I bet the total number of ABC/US-raised Chinese (regardless of marriage status) is much higher. The 20% probably reflects the older generation of ABCs (second or third generation) who are more likely to be married to whites.

It would be interesting to see what the percentages are once the 2010 census is done.