Chinese-Forums

my name

xuechengfeng

that's the problem.............the name tag had the characters on it, i looked them up on a dictionary, but cheng & feng mostly had a few meanings. i can't find the name tag now.

:(:(

i'll try to find it

薛乘风

:D I am quite sure that your last name should be 薛 because the Chinese surnames are more stable. I never hear abt someone else’s surname is 雪 unless s/he is a minor and on the other hand 雪 is 3 in Chinese phonetic alphabet.

But there are many choices for your name. I am not sure which character your name is at all just according to Chinese phonetic alphabet. But 乘风 maybe is a choice for you. It means going in the wind. There is a Chinese idiom for it. That is乘风破浪.If translate literately, it means going in wind and breaking the waves. This describes boat in waters and its connotation is never discouraging before the difficulty and always going ahead.

Hope this helps.

Flora

congratulation! 小薛(老薛? not for sure)

acutally, the first time I saw your name, I've already konwn what the Chinese characters are ,'casue it's a very common name in china.In fact,most people's firstnames origin from 成语

I havent come across the family name xue (snow雪)...my secretary here hasnt either too, but there is a family name 薛 (xue1). Mostly in Taiwan so she says....成风 sounds nice.

I hope this is helpful.

Andrew