Chinese-Forums

TVCC IS ON FIRE!!!

39degN

I'm thinking: If I were to build a huge hotel and was suddenly faced with insurmountable economic difficulties, I think I might opt for an "accidental blaze" ... right after taking out a nice insurance policy!

I hope no one was harmed, but I am looking forward to reading in detail about what caused this disaster.

It's possible that the fireworks was organized by the tv station itself.
The friends I was with this evening read online (don't know from where) that "official" fireworks were launched from the top of the building.

It's a mix of 被控制, 减弱 and 只有零星火点. But sounds like it's still burning. There's no way they've got the equipment to fight it from outside the building, and if they're sending people in I hope they're doing it carefully.

This video appears to catch it starting

In the first seconds of the video you see already smoke on top of the building. It should have started a good while earlier.

-------------------------

Here is a screen shot of frame #120, at about 4 Seconds into the video. You can see already heavy smoke on top of the building.

2204_thumb.attach

Edited by flameproof

OK, now I can open the page, but it says the video is no longer available. Interestingly, the related videos in the side bar are about Freedom City, Tibet and Chinese Ant Farmers. That might have had something to do with the site blacking out, too.

To be honest, bar the spectacular pictures, it's not that big a story. Basically a prestigious city-center building site burned down. . Although the issues of how it happened and how likely an actual occupied building would be to go up like that are certainly newsworthy.

Even the professionals are shocked:

Note the interior engineering design. This building was nothing more than a massive chimney.

Wow, what did they build that with?? Balsa wood??

This has CCTV's own fireworks display blamed - but even so there's surely no way a modern building should go up like that even if you are firing rockets at it.

Edited by roddy