Chinese-Forums

1 Year Multi-Entry Tourist Visas?

teaforme

Hi everyone,

I'm on an F visa at present due to previous university enrollment, but that visa will expire within the next month. I need to stay in China for a while longer, but I don't have an "official" reason for being here (e.g. university study, employment But I do have Chinese relatives who wouldn't mind writing letters saying that I'm here to visit them, that they'll look after me, etc.) As a result, it looks like the L visa is my best option.

Will the PSB issue one year multi-entry L visas from within China?

I know of a few people who've gotten multi-entry L visas from outside China, but I've never been given anything more than 30 days on an L visa no matter how much I've begged and pleaded with the Chinese visa officials. So I'm a bit worried I won't be able to get this.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

They certainly DO - I think that's the standard visa that people who have a Chinese spouse but aren't officially working / studying get. Whether they'll give one to you on the basis of your relations' letter is a different matter - worth a try at least.

Do you have any documentation to prove the relationship? I provided my marriage book, when applying for the year visa, but I'm not sure about what you need for other relations.

Your relative will need to provide photocopies of their hukou, and it's probably best to make sure that your proposed address of residence on the visa application form matches the one on their hukou.

The first time I did it, I only got 6 months. The second time, a year. My wife was with me both times, and we got a bunch of questions about why I wanted this visa, and how I would support myself. I said I had savings, and that was that... They made a decision on the spot and my visa was ready in two days.

A friend which has some business in China has a 1 year multiple entry L visa - not only that, he also has the "pass card" that allows him to go through one particular car border crossing via the fingerprint scanner. That's a big passport page saver!