Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
skylee

What are you reading?

murrayjames
6 hours ago, PerpetualChange said:

how was it? 

In the essay, 张爱玲 discusses some of her novels and what kind of writer she is. She explains why she shies away from good-evil themes in her work, contrasts her way of writing with writers of other literary schools, and discusses romantic love in China. It was OK.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

PerpetualChange
On 2/3/2020 at 6:22 PM, imron said:

Chapter 26 is where things get real.

Oh yeah. Geez 😢

This one has really got me in its claws. I have to remind myself to look up new words! 

• Like 1

imron
3 hours ago, PerpetualChange said:

Oh yeah. Geez 😢

It was a real shock when I read that - I couldn't believe it had happened.  I skipped ahead and skimmed further parts of the book to see if it was some sort of mistake, and came across a passage where 鸣凤 and 觉慧 were out on a boat talking (or something) and was relieved that maybe I just hadn't fully understood the previous part and that it would all work out. Turns out I understood it perfectly and that the latter bit was just a dream.

艾墨本

Just finished reading 嫌疑人X的献身 by 东野圭吾. It was a fantastic mystery novel that is based around the crime being know and how it was concealed being the mystery. On a scale of 1-10 in difficulty (1 is 活着 10 is 红楼梦) it’s like a 3 which should put it within reach of most.

next up is 红高梁家族

Lu

Just finished Sanmao's 稻草人手记. It was a fun book, pleasant. Sanmao is famous for her travels of course, but also for her good humour and her good heart, and both of these traits are more visible in this book. Also some more windows on her marriage with her 荷西. Pretty easy to read too, except for two stories that were purposefully difficult.

Now starting 六人晚餐 by 陆敏. So far it's more difficult than Sanmao and I should look up & study some words while I read. Let's see if I'm going to do that.

• Like 1