Chinese-Forums

我跟我女朋友有長遠關係。將來我們希望結婚

xuechengfeng

Are you trying to say that you're in a long-distance relationship, or that your relationship has lasted a long time? Skylee's translation is the latter. My Chinese isn't good enough to translate the former though... can 長距離 or 長途 (long-distance) be used in this context?

Are you trying to say that you're in a long-distance relationship, or that your relationship has lasted a long time? Skylee's translation is the latter. My Chinese isn't good enough to translate the former though... can 長距離 or 長途 (long-distance) be used in this context?

in context, 'long distance relationship' deos make sense,but people don't speak that way. peeople always use 'stable' to describe the relationship between lovers

hmm, interesting. thank you.

i guess zack's response poses another question. i think we were taught that we talking about people it is better to say..

王先生跟白小姐

than

王先生和白小姐

and when talking about objects it is better to say

我喜歡吃豆腐和餃子。

as opposed to

我喜歡吃豆腐跟餃子。

is this incorrect? i'm sure u can use both, but is one way more proper?

1) Found this on google:

我和我的情人分隔兩地

Chinese don't use the phrase "long-distance relationship."

2) I could be wrong, but I thought 和 and 跟 were interchangeable. The difference between them is one of style; 跟 is more colloquial.

3) Your examples bring up another point about style. I thought that in Chinese, you are supposed to strive for balance in your sentences. It sounds more natural to say

豆腐和饺子我都喜欢吃。