Chinese-Forums

Heilongjiang University (黑龙江大学) in Harbin

Yeke

You are so lucky to have a chance to go to China to learn Chinese,it is no doubt a pleasant experience.But the place you've chosen is not very suitable,because native Heilongjiang speaks mandarin with a strongly dialect.Don't worry about it,whether you will catch up depends you original level,but the price is fine,as it is still a part of China,most citizens are Chinese(Han),but I am sure you'll meet Russian and Korean as well.Have a good time in China.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for posting so late, but being a 东北人 myself, I hate the misconception that we speak with a less stellar accent all the time. Actually there are a lot of us who speaks standard Mandarin especially in universities and big cities. When I speak Chinese here in the States, it would take quite an ear to distinguish my accent from someone who grew up in Beijing.

If you're from the Northeast yourself, you should take pride in some of the idiosyncrasies of the Northeast :) 俺是东北银!

Can you join the program once they have already started it? I am going to Harbin to attend Bincai Chinese College --- and then go to Beijing in July to study at Renmin University.

I checked with HIT as well and they said that they have a program beginning in July that last 4 weeks.