Chinese-Forums

Shanghai schools not ridiculously expensive?

billybot

Are there any private schools in Shanghai that aren't ridiculously overpriced? I have only priced Panda Language and TLI so far and they are both way out of my budget (both are around 120 rmb / hour). From what I understand Mandarin House and the like are even more pricey.

Is there anything coming close to approximating Diqiucun here in Shanghai? Quality cheap flexible efficient education is what I'm after, not a custom tailored language experience these places are trying to push. I suppose it comes with the territory though. :roll:

I'm tempted to crash the ECNU campus to find a grad student tutor. Another idea: take a free demo lesson at all the different schools for the next 6 weeks. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'd very interested in an answer to this question, too! I just came back to Shanghai, going to stay for the rest of the year. Had the same idea about ECNU, however a private school would be nice ...

Cheers!

EDIT:

Ok, I make that a bit more specific. Last year I went to a small private school near Fudan Uni, where mostly Koreans and Japanese went after the regular classes at Fudan Uni. So classes were in the evenings, which was very convenient for people who had classes during the day or worked during the day. It was reasonably priced (~40RMB/h) and I liked classes there. This school had no website nor did they do any advertisements.

Only this year Fudan is quite far from where I stay (around Xujiahui). But I'm sure that there are other schools like that which also specialized on these diligent students wanting more in the evenings. Maybe around Donghua or Yan'an Lu in general?

Help appreciated :D

Edited by yigedeguoren