Chinese-Forums

Russian language social group on Chinese-forums

atitarev

If you follow the link in my post, you will see. :)

It was in the quick links but has disappeared after the latest upgrade, I asked Roddy to fix it.

I have just found that the link is in the menu: Community-> Social Groups

There were recent updates. I also added some links to podcasts in 2 discussions. I mentioned there that I could help to romanise a dialogue or two and help you understand it.

I didn't receive the notifications yet, Roddy, please check, if you read this post.

• 1 year later...

To be honest that was nowhere near my best, but I thought it might be good enough. Will get the other groups tomorrow I guess (if it seems like there are actually any useful posts, I don't think I ever looked at them).

Sorry for the way the groups just disappeared without warning, btw. To be honest I'd just forgotten about them.

To be honest that was nowhere near my best, but I thought it might be good enough. Will get the other groups tomorrow I guess (if it seems like there are actually any useful posts, I don't think I ever looked at them).

Sorry for the way the groups just disappeared without warning, btw. To be honest I'd just forgotten about them.

I know it could be done better but you must be trying to catch up on many things and well, as you said, social groups were not doing so well.

In another thread on the new look and feel - tracking own posts and subscribed threads has become very difficult, seriously. This is something, which was much better in the other forum and it is a common functionality for the forum software. Could you look into this, please? The subscribed threads or threads where a user has participated should be sorted by date.

Completely in agreement, but could you please keep any comments here - the more things are in one place, the more I can find them. (although made a big change to subscribed threads yesterday, should be at least somewhat improved, just haven't had a chance to post about it). If you've already said so and there's been no movement feel free to repost - things might get moved up a list.

If you could do that,it would be really great! Thank you. ;)

Hi, doraemon. Funny, someone tried to claim that you and I are the same person. Are you Japanese? You seem to be interested in the Russian language, which is my native language. I clicked on the link above, but got an error page. Why is Russian interesting to you?

Hi, doraemon. Funny, someone tried to claim that you and I are the same person. Are you Japanese? You seem to be interested in the Russian language, which is my native language. I clicked on the link above, but got an error page. Why is Russian interesting to you?

Hello, dreamon ;)

When I first saw your name I thought we were the same people as well. LOL. :P

No, I'm not Japanese, I'm just learning it at school right now. My native country is China (mainland).

I really like learning languages and naturally, Russian is regarded as an important one being one of the official languages of the UN. My goal is to become an international interpreter so I'm trying to work towards that target...it's gonna be a long road though...I'm also quite interested in the country too since it's still considered quite a powerful and influential nation. Russian girls are also pretty hot too...:-)

Anyway, nice to meet you!

Привет, Draemon. Я тоже русский.

You should make a different icon and put some info about yourself. This will make you more different. Добро пожаловать на форум. :rolleyes:

Hello, dreamon ;)

When I first saw your name I thought we were the same people as well. LOL. :P ... Anyway, nice to meet you!

Hi, doraemon! What kind of Russian girls do you like - the quiet family-oriented ones, or the spoiled and jaded "nouveau riche" ones? I find Asian girls very attractive, and Chinese are the most Asian of all. There is something science-fiction-like to them, like girls from the Future: their beauty is sharp and striking, yet irresistably cute. I just started learning Chinese, doing Pimsleur II now, then planning to work on the DeFrancis volumes. For me, it is not just the power, but also the amazing history, philosophy, art, traditions, family life etc., many dimensions of China, all in rich harmony and deep interaction, that attract me. I wanted to learn Chinese for years, but could not summon the courage to start, until now when I tried Pimsleur.

Best wishes for your successful career!

Привет, Draemon. Я тоже русский.

You should make a different icon and put some info about yourself. This will make you more different. Добро пожаловать на форум. :rolleyes:

Привет, Анатолий! I am OK being just a nickname for now, maybe I'll add something later when my Chinese measurably separates from zero. How is the Russian sub-forum, was it relaunched?

...How is the Russian sub-forum, was it relaunched?

We can live with the thread(s) for now. There wasn't much activity, anyway. It was also a bit hard, since you only see the social group, if you're subscribed to it and it wasn't showing on new threads or posts lists.

Good luck with your Chinese studies. :)

Hi, doraemon! What kind of Russian girls do you like - the quiet family-oriented ones, or the spoiled and jaded "nouveau riche" ones? I find Asian girls very attractive, and Chinese are the most Asian of all. There is something science-fiction-like to them, like girls from the Future: their beauty is sharp and striking, yet irresistably cute. I just started learning Chinese, doing Pimsleur II now, then planning to work on the DeFrancis volumes. For me, it is not just the power, but also the amazing history, philosophy, art, traditions, family life etc., many dimensions of China, all in rich harmony and deep interaction, that attract me. I wanted to learn Chinese for years, but could not summon the courage to start, until now when I tried Pimsleur.

Best wishes for your successful career!

Thanks dreamon! It's really good to know that you're interested in the Chinese language as well as its culture, history etc.

In regards to what kind of Russian girls I like, hmmm...are the family oriented ones and the spoiled ones the two main groups of Russian girls? Or are there a lot more other types? I suppose I would prefer the family-oriented types (spoiled is never good), although I wouldn't really mind girls with a bit of attitude. But I mostly like girls who are demure, serious, efficient, businesslike and can control their emotions well most of the time and don't have major moodswings or overreact easily. Are Russian girls like that? I've heard so many people describe Asian girls as "sweet, cute, innocent" but it simply just doesn't suit my taste although there's nothing wrong with it.

IMO, Russian girls are by far the most beautiful in the world. They tend to have this dignified air about them and their captivating elegance and beauty (so light and ethereal) is something which I can't really find in Asian (or most other Caucasian) girls. And also when I say that I like Russian girls with "attitude", I don't mean that they have to be an irritating b**ch or anything, but just that they walk, talk etc with their head held up high, do not succumb to defeat easily, a little supercilious and condescending but innately, they're kind people. I think it's their high cheekbones that make them look so uniquely hot. :P

Anyway, dreamon, are you a Russian native or are you someone of Russian background living in another country? Your English is incredibly good. I haven't really gotten around to full on study Russian yet but once I finish my final exams in a couple of months I'm hoping to get down to it, you know, a couple of hours a day for a few months and I hope I'll be able to at least speak the language with some degree of fluency. Unfortunately, Russian doesn't seem to be that popular in Australia for some reason. I've heard it being described as a "niche language" by some university arts students which I find quite disappointing considering how important the country is and how many people across the world speak the language.

Since we're both beginners in each other's native languages, do you wanna help each other out or something? ;)

Thanks dreamon! It's really good to know that you're interested in the Chinese language as well as its culture, history etc. In regards to what kind of Russian girls I like, hmmm... ...

> are the family oriented ones and the spoiled ones the two main groups of Russian girls?

Well, for me, there are two main types: those I enjoy being with, and those I don't; I just took the personal pronoun out for politeness :) Of course there are other ways to classify them. For example, there are devout Orthodox Christians, those into Eastern religions (in Western 1960s remake), those into healing and esoteria, and the non-religious. There are those who love expensive things, high style and rich guys, those who love backpacking trips and guitar music by the fire, those who are resourceful moms all around their kids and families, those into art, poetry and social life - with a formidable online presence - and so forth. Actually, I am not an expert on girls at all, I am a nerd. BTW, one specific Korean-Russian guy was very important for a whole generation of Russian girls:

. Maybe I'll add more later, have to go now.

> dreamon, are you a Russian native or are you someone of Russian background living in another country?

I am a Russian native who lives in another country (USA). I went there to graduate school and then stayed on. My spoken English is a lot worse.

> Since we're both beginners in each other's native languages, do you wanna help each other out or something?

OK, that's fine! Since I am only doing Pimsleur now, not yet the characters, it is a bit tough for me to post in Chinese, we'll see. A Russian lesson: there is a short story about one male student who lived in a dormitory room with his girlfriend. He was so infatuated with her that did all what she asked. Once, before a holiday, she asked him to collect a large bucket of sour cream, because they didn't have any. The student went from door to door, begged all his friends and colleagues, and eventually returned with a full bucket. The girl took the bucket and... poured it all over the guy! When he asked sheepishly "За что?" ("For what?", "What did I do?"), she answered:

"Я вся такая непредсказуемая!" (lit. "I am all such (an) unpredictable (person)!")

When a girl says "вся", referring to herself, even though grammatically it is unnecessary, she tries to make you aware of her beautiful body. Anyway, that's what happens if you get too submissive with a Russian girl :)

This expression could be too advanced for a beginner but it's a good story. Count me in in the language exchange Russian/Chinese!

This Wikipedia page has some Chinese words, which are now used in Russian.

Русские слова китайского происхождения (Russian words of Chinese origin). It was a surprise for me that жемчуг žémčug (pearl) is of Chinese origin - from 珍珠. The list is not too big, though.

It's interesting that there is a Russian slang word "чифанить" (čifánit') (pretty wide-spread but not too common), which is from Chinese 吃饭.