Chinese-Forums

这个人才奸哪: What does this mean?

HashiriKata

I came across on the net this sentence "这个人才奸哪,总想占便宜", which is glossed as "He's a self-seeker; he's always on the make." I however cannot tell how the phrase 这个人才奸哪 is made up (I don't know how to divide the phrase into word groups, where one word ends and another begins, and therefore can not look them up).

Can someone give me a very literal translation of "这个人才奸哪" so that I can work the phrase out? Or there is perhaps some typo in this phrase?

I came across on the net this sentence "这个人才奸哪,总想占便宜", which is glossed as "He's a self-seeker; he's always on the make." I however cannot tell how the phrase 这个人才奸哪 is made up (I don't know how to divide the phrase into word groups, where one word ends and another begins, and therefore can not look them up).

Can someone give me a very literal translation of "这个人才奸哪" so that I can work the phrase out? Or there is perhaps some typo in this phrase?

这 This

个 [measure word]

人 person

才 really [here 才 is used for emphasis]

奸 treacherous

哪 [used for emphasis, it's a 语气词]

If I had to put it into English I guess it would be something like He's the devious one, he's always out for what he can get. The 才——呢 construction (哪 here, but . . ) means you've got a comparison to someone else who's been considered 奸, but in the opinion of the speaker isn't actually that 奸. Could probably discuss at length the best word to use for 奸, but . . .

这个人才奸哪 If you want to know this sentence,you must know whole paragraph。

(如果你想知道这个句子的意思,你需要联系整个段落)

These are not writing Chinese,These are just oral Chinese.

(这个不是书面语,是中国的口语。)

"才" means "非常",in here,have a means that you maybe don't know,but I told you “这个人很奸”

"(才"的意思是“非常,很,”在这里,有种你不知道,但是我告诉你。这个人很奸)

我们可以想象一下前面的句子是,“你不知道吧?这个人才奸呢......."

反正现在很少有中国人这样说,不用去特别在意。