Chinese-Forums

Taking the HSK? Already taken it? Report in here!

roddy

Just got the results from the April's old HSK.

Listening 66

Grammar 46

Reading 59

Comprehensive 59

235 points and that's level 5, Elementary A. I'm not happy with the grammar section, because it's worse than last time (49), but I'm very happy with listening. Maybe watching all those dating shows have actually helped me? ;) Just have to pay attention to grammar!

• Like 1

Hey,

I have been trying to sign up to take the Old HSK in June, but I've been told that the Old test has been abolished, and that only the New HSK is offered now. For a number of reasons, I would like to take the old version if it is available. It seems there are people on this thread who just took the old version in April. Can you tell me how you registered for it? The email address and phone numbers on the website for the old HSK all seem to have been disconnected, and my teachers at my school (a college on the border of Inner Mongolia) have told me the old HSK no longer exists.

Thanks for the help.

J

I have been trying to sign up to take the Old HSK in June, but I've been told that the Old test has been abolished, and that only the New HSK is offered now.

As far as I know it's not quite dead yet, but definitely in the process. This is still the official site for the old test, I believe:

http://hsk.org.cn/

The English version of the site is out of date, unfortunately, but the Chinese version has:

Test Center Info (2011): http://hsk.org.cn/News/News20101108_C.html

How to Register: http://hsk.org.cn/intro/guide.html

Online registration for the June test should be opening soon. Also it appears that only the 初中 will be offered in June.

Thanks for the information. Sadly, the online registration period for June was May 1 to May 11 (should have gotten on this sooner). The phone numbers and email address listed on the website you gave seem to be dead. All things considered, since I don't need this certification for anything in the immediate future, I may just put it off and take the new HSK at a more convenient time and place.

Thanks again.

J

Yeah, my experience with the phone numbers was I had to dial like 10 times until they finally answered. It appears there are exactly two people who have to do all the work associated with the new HSK, so that's probably why they didn't answer. You could try calling again and seeing if they would let you take the test even though you passed the deadline...

• 1 month later...

@chinopinyin

I took the new HSK 4 this April and I got the following:

Listening: 83

Reading: 82

Writing: 81

TOTAL: 246

I've been using the New Practical Chinese Reader and I've been through parts 1, 2 and 3. However, I did not find it particularly useful for my preparation for the exam, as the vocabulary covered in the 3 parts is not really consistent with the new HSK 4 vocabulary list. The grammar sections were helpful though.

What I did was to devote the 2 months before the exam to studying the vocabulary (I used a shared Anki deck called New Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi uploaded by [shouldn't really put other people's emails on t'Internet], it really helped me!!)and doing mock-up tests. I did 15 of them. I think it's really important to put the stopwatch on while you are practicing. It helps you manage your time at the exam.

Good Luck!!!

SLA

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Took the HSK 3 back on May, in Seattle. scored as follows:

听力 阅读 写作 Total Score 96 94 95 285

Prepared primarily by using the vocabulary list from the test information packet and flash cards. only found very few mock tests, which were useful to get a feel for the exam. Hoping to take hsk 4 next year :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I got the results for the HSK Level 3 test taken last month in San Francisco.

I got my HSK results today. 

听力: 98/100

阅读: 88/100

写作: 88/100

总分: 274/300

Overall, I'm pleased - I would have liked to have 90+ on each section since I felt quite confident about my performance. Too confident, perhaps :P

Taking HSK 4 in October - I'm looking forward to seeing how I will do.

• Like 1

I had a transcript of the audio recordings

Aaawww, I was half hoping you demanded a Chinese Sign Language Interpreter for the audio portion.

In my student days I had to take my 听力 with a teaching assistant reading aloud the transcript to me so I could speechread.