Chinese-Forums

Taking the HSK? Already taken it? Report in here!

roddy

My daughter and I are scoring in the 90% range on the HSK 3 official exam papers and are ready for HSK 4! Which, we are going to take together (family HSK'ers). 

Grammar is what's killing us in HSK 4, which we both hope to pass this year or asap after, so we're wondering which books to study. I'm going through the Chinese Grammar Wiki, and looking at HSK Grammar, Intermediate Chinese- A Grammar and Workbook, and A Practical Chinese Grammar for Foreigners. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • New Members
wodezhongwenbuhaosadface

I'm planning to take the HSK 6 before I graduate from uni next year (around March/April hopefully), and I'm one month in a private HSK 6 prep course. I previously took the HSK 5 two years ago with these results:

Listening: 78

Reading: 59

Writing: 52

I know that I'm taking quite a risk here by taking the 6 considering the fact that I scraped by the 5 by the skin of my teeth. I actually told my instructors from the Confucius Institute that I wanted to better my scores in reading and writing, but they told me to move on to the 6. What I'm afraid of is that there won't be time for me to memorize all the vocabulary, taking into account my dissertation and the fact that I'm also minoring in another foreign language, but I'm going to find a way make this work. My tutor had told me that it would be possible to take it around March/April anyways

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I took HSK level 5 in June 2016 with nearly no China experience before (2 weeks in February 2015) and had a score of 272:

93 in listening

96 in reading

83 in writing

Since September 2016 I am having my first long time stay in China, which will be more like a whole part of my life, lasting for 4 years. Sometime during these 4 years I would like to take HSK level 6.

• Like 2

Just got my HSK and HSKK scores.

HSK5

Listening: 91

Reading: 95

Writing: 88

Pretty happy with my HSK5 scores. I worked hard for them.

HSKK中级: 75/100

Less happy with this. Was quite surprised with the testing environment. 20 students, all in the same room, answering the same questions at the same time, out loud. It really messed with my focus and resulted in many cringe-worthy mistakes. I'll take it, though. I needed >40 on the 中级 for the Confucius scholarship, so this is good. That said, I could have practiced telling 2-minute stories about random pictures, more. I spent more time on the HSK prep, probably because I was enjoying it more.

• Like 4

Wooohoooo I passed HSK 5~~~ The site took forever to load, I'm still trying to get it to open so I can get my HSKK 中级 results.

听力   96

阅读   88

写作   92

Total score   276

Sometime early 2016 I decided I wanted to pass this test. I'm so glad it came true.

Finally managed to open the HSKK results:

HSKK 中级   78

Obviously need to work on my spoken Chinese. But it has helped me detect my biggest weakness, which is staying focused while listening. This is something I never really thought about, but I did lose focus for a moment during the listening exam, tho luckily it didn't affect my score. But during the oral exam, I was all over the place. It was so hard to focus while everyone was talking, I kept losing my train of thought.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The HSK results from Jan 14th's exam are finally in, and I passed HSK 4!

听力: 65

阅读: 84

写作: 69

一共: 218/300

It might not be the highest pass in the world, but I'm still pleased as punch with this. It's great to see that the Anki practice really paid off and the lower score in listening shows where I need to focus on in future. As for writing, I feel I messed the last section up a little but will still be sure to practice via. Lang-8 and HelloTalk to improve my grammar.

I'm currently going over the HSK 4 grammar, and once that's thoroughly done (I expect in around a month) I'll be heading full steam ahead to HSK 5 with the aim of passing before the end of August this year. Happy days!

I passed HSK 4 ji 249/300. And HSKK gaoji Advanced 52/100 that really disappointed me. Because previously i've never taken an HSK and was in a hurry to do that after I came home from China. Let's struggle for the next examination!

• 1 month later...

Got my HSK 3 and HSKK beginner results back.

HSK 3 - 274/300 

听力 98
阅读 92
写作 84

HSKK Beginner 82.

I am extremely happy. I needed at least 270 to apply for one year scholarship and now I can finally apply and hopefully get it. 

• Like 1

I never posted about my Hsk result so let's do it !

I took the HSK twice. Frist in March 2015 (HSK 3 and 4) and in March 2017 (HSK 4 and 5). All Hsk test was paper test.

March 2015 : - 3 semester of Bachelor's degree in chinese language and literature. Each semester : 15h speaking - 30h translation - 24h grammar. Other course (literature, history...) are taught in French. And I did prepare the HSK exam

- Result : HSK 3 : 

听力

阅读
写作
Score

HSK 4

听力

阅读
写作
Score

March 2017 : - Bachelor's degree in chinese language and literature (4 semester in France, 2 in China). In China was 22h/week chinese class + 1 semester master's degree in Chinese study (France), only 30h/semester Translation and 20h/semester Chinese linguistic class taught in Chinese. (Other class history ect... were taught in French)

HSK四级 

听力

阅读
写作
Score

HSK 5

听力 54

阅读 56

写作 63
Total 173

I am quit shameful of my result. I can't pass HSK 5 after 3 year and a half of Chinese. But I didn't really study for pass HSK.

I am going to do HSK 5 in December. I am going back to China in september for a year so it will help me. 

I think I can pass HSK 5 in September if I take seriously my study. I would like to pass HSK 6 in March 2018. Maybe it's to much haha. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • New Members

I just took HSK 3 yesterday:

Listening: 98/100

Reading: 100/100

Writing: 52/100

I'm 100% positive I got 5/5 for the individual character entries and at least 1 (maybe 2) of the sentence rearranging correct, so this leads me to believe the second part of the writing exam counts for very little. I suppose I missed 1 question in the listening. I am very surprised at my listening and reading scores as I have never gotten that high on a practice exam and always do much better on the writing, usually I get 30/40, 25/30, and 9/10 on HSK 3 practice exams.

I started studying 9 months ago from zero background in Chinese; native English and some french. My method of study was to complete a few Android apps (CkineseSkill, Hello Chinese, Chinese Inflow) from beginning to end, and doing flashcards in Anki and Pleco. I've also practiced writing on lang-8, and read alot on AllsetLearning website. I also generated my own character writing practice sheets. I can write all 600 HSK 3 words and maybe 50 HSK 4 now at 95%+ correct consistently. I struggle hard with grammar though. Reading is easy since I know all the words, I can always figure out what the meaning is even if I don't know all the grammar. Listening is very hard for me and I can usually only pick out a few words here and there and then just make a guess.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

After a morning of frantic refreshing on the crappy Hanban website, I finally got my results back for the HSK 6!

I passed! 

听力 64

阅读 63

写作 74 

总分 201 

A crappy pass but a pass nonetheless. I am massively relieved! 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...