Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

Taking the HSK? Already taken it? Report in here!

TaxiAsh
15 hours ago, mungouk said:

Anyone can check your results online if you give them the admission ticket number, but even better I just noticed you can download a digital certificate as a PDF.

I wrote this in a separate post to make it easier to find:

Great news! Amazing, thanks for this.

I just have to find all my log in details now, as my computer died yesterday, I'm using an old laptop now! doh!!

• 2 weeks later...
Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

Damn, June 5 is last day to take HSK 2.0??  I may rush in a bit to take my HSK 6 under the old system, before prepping up for 3.0.

Is there a difference which "test center" we choose for the home tests?  As I discussed earlier in this thread, I found the center you take the old exams to make a big difference (for me at least), because the fonts were illegible (well, less legible for beginners) on the old computers.  Are there any related concerns here?  Better to do with a certain test center with better fonts or systems?

Thanks!!

milin

From this page (https://improvemandarin.com/new-hsk/) I understand that the new level tests will probably not be rolled out before 2023-2024. Perhaps only levels 7-9 of the test will be added earlier. So I assume it will still be possible to take the old level tests for a couple of years.

Henk / 汉克

TaxiAsh
1 hour ago, PJ said:

Damn, June 5 is last day to take HSK 2.0??  I may rush in a bit to take my HSK 6 under the old system, before prepping up for 3.0.

Is there a difference which "test center" we choose for the home tests? 

I was also thinking about having a pop at HSK4 before the change, I couldn't pass it, but if the test was June, I would perhaps try, for the sake of 40 quid!

But then I thought, surely they won't be running any tests in June, as what is the point?

But then read the post above mine ^^^

maybe it's worth taking a high level, if the implementation of the new system won't be for a while.

??!!

9 hours ago, milin said:

From this page (https://improvemandarin.com/new-hsk/) I understand that the new level tests will probably not be rolled out before 2023-2024. Perhaps only levels 7-9 of the test will be added earlier. So I assume it will still be possible to take the old level tests for a couple of years.

Thanks but isn't this an outdated article?  There are many from this past week that say the new system begins Jul 1 2021.  E.g. https://ltl-school.com/new-hsk/

But basically any google hit for "new hsk" says Jul 1 2021.

This seems to be further corroborated by my trying to register for an exam (HSK6) and the latest test date available anywhere in the US is in June.

1 hour ago, mungouk said:

No rush — the existing exams are scheduled until December 2021 at least.

http://www.chinesetest.cn/goKdInfoOrPlan.do?type=hsk

That's interesting, as it doesn't seems consistent with the test date availability in the US.  But also, I don't see it say anywhere that that list is for HSK 2.0?  If I'm not missing something, it could be implying that the later test dates are for 3.0?

mungouk

The official notice from the MOE says that the standard will be "officially implemented" 正式实施 from 1 July, but it's not clear what that means or how it will affect the exams.

That's less than 3 months away, and there has been nothing published yet about the new exam formats and no textbooks etc.  As some of the old hands here have pointed out, when HSK 2.0 replaced 1.0 there was a period of parallel running where both sets of exams were available.

2 hours ago, PJ said:

the latest test date available anywhere in the US is in June.

Interesting — I just tried to register for HSK 5 and HSKK Intermediate in the UK as well as Hangzhou and Beijing, and I'm only seeing dates up to June as well.