Chinese-Forums

Shenzhen - Hong Kong border

weilian

Hey guys,

I've got a friend who is traveling from Guangdong to Hong Kong and then from Hong Kong back to the Shenzhen airport that same day. I think she is planning on getting into to Hong Kong around 10:30 or 11 and needs to be at the Shenzhen airport by 4:30 or so.

I'm curious as to how long the HK-SZ border crossing has been taking recently with the swine flu scare. I recently flew to Beijing from Korea only to encounter a one-hour long line at the quarantine section of the airport. These lines would probably affect the time needed for her trip into HK as well as the time needed for her trip to SZ airport.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Will

Every time I have gone from downtown HK to Shenzhen airport it has taken about 1.5hours in total. Crossing the boarder from HK to China (via the HK subway) has taken me on average about 10mins.

But last time i did that was about 2 months ago, so i dont know if there are any changes at the moment.

I went to Shenzhen over the May Day holiday (to eat various northern Chinese food) and the border was basically running as usual. At the point where you go into the Mainland side, a man with a mask made you fill out another form asking which diseases you've recently had and which countries you had been to recently. That took an extra five minutes, but other than that, it seemed to be running as smoothly as usual.

Nonetheless, it would be a good idea to schedule in more time, since these policies can change on a whim.

I was a bit curious about the new swine flu measures and how they effect the border crossing.... So I crossed from Hong Kong to Lowu/Luohu yesterday 19/5 about lunchtime.

The HK border was low traffic and I got right through the scanner. Passport section was empty too. After the HK ID or passport check you had to fill a health form (scan attached) and hand it over on the bridge to China (actually already on Chinese territory). That took just the time to write the form. Upon handover there was no check and I didn't notice they even looked at the form.

To fully honor the "one country - two systems" concept you had of course to fill another similar form on the China side with basically the same data. That was then verified with your passport before the actual passport check. There were maybe a total of 10-15 people with 3 staff checking passports. It took some time so there was a little line.

I didn't pay very close attention an and didn't notice at first that there was a different form in China. I tried to correct that error, but couldn't find the correct form. Seems they are sort of confidential and only handed out person to person. Anyway, after reaching the passport checker girl she had a short look at my passport and said HK residents don't need to fill the form. Those information you get of course after you wait in line.

Since the border was not busy at all I would say the added time was maybe 5 Minutes. At busy times I could see some delays on the CN side.

>>>>>>>>>>>> exit

On the way out of China this morning I saw about 500 locals filling forms, but I wasn't given any form, neither ask to present any. On the HK side you had to fill the same form as before, which was again taken without looking at it. The add time was just a few Seconds form filling time.

Strong advice: bring a pen!!

lowu_health.pdf