Chinese-Forums

HSK A,B,C level vocab list - where to get ??

Guest jan

I'm preparing the HSK which involves learning the approx. 5400 words of the HSK a,b,c level. There are some programs which help learn them - but my job includes watching a stupid screen more or less the whole day --> I like to learn vocab from a sheet of paper iso a program.

Anyone knows where to get such a list (should include:

Character(s) --- pinyin --- meaning

e.g. in .pdf or in NanJiXing format or so, so that I can print it out someplace....

Thx in advance !!

Jan

I'm preparing the HSK which involves learning the approx. 5400 words of the HSK a' date='b,c level. There are some programs which help learn them - but my job includes watching a stupid screen more or less the whole day --> I like to learn vocab from a sheet of paper iso a program.

Anyone knows where to get such a list (should include:

Character(s) --- pinyin --- meaning

e.g. in .pdf or in NanJiXing format or so, so that I can print it out someplace....

Thx in advance !!

Jan[/quote']

I sell HSK flashcards. RMB 30 Yuan per 100 Cards. Customization upon request. Anybody interested?

If you want flashcards they're very simple to make. I've got a total of 2000 of them. A box of 100 blank business cards will cost 4-5Y here in Beijing. Get a friendly Chinese person to write down the characters you want (I got our receptionist to do them when she wasn't busy - in the end she took them home and had her whole family doing them) and then you add in the pinyin / translation / whatever other info you want. Of course you could also do the character yourself, but it might not look right . . .

People have said they'd be embarrassed to ask someone to write all those characters for them, but it doesn't actually take very long - imagine how long it takes to write one character (for someone who actually knows how to write) - a few seconds, say 5 for the sake of argument.

5 seconds for 100 cards = less than 10 minutes a hundred. You could do the entire HSK word list in a couple of afternoons.

Roddy

I sell HSK flashcards. RMB 30 Yuan per 100 Cards. Customization upon request. Anybody interested ?

Hi Haizi,

Yes, interested.

But what does 'customization' mean in this case - do I have to deliver a list with one line (character, pinyin & explanation in English) for each card ?

If yes, we have a problem because such a list is just what I'm looking for....

If no... pls. let me know more...

yes' date=' me too, I am also after this list. Roddy do you know of an electronic version of this word list ?

It would be incredibly helpful.

[/quote']

Hi,

The lists I used up to now are taken from:

www.unige.ch/lettres/meslo/chinois/

But the explanation is in french and it's quite long ago that I learned that. That's why I'm looking for an English one. Anyhow, better than nothing. Just in case you or anyone else knows French.

I sell HSK flashcards. RMB 30 Yuan per 100 Cards. Customization upon request. Anybody interested ?

Hi Haizi,

Yes, interested.

But what does 'customization' mean in this case - do I have to deliver a list with one line (character, pinyin & explanation in English) for each card ?

If yes, we have a problem because such a list is just what I'm looking for....

If no... pls. let me know more...

Customization means that, within limit, you can decide the typeface, the font size, and whether you want to put Pinyin and Chinese characters on the same side, for example. The English explanation will be brief and is meant to remind you of the full meaning of the expression. The cards could be color-coded according to the HSK levels. They will be put in indexed boxes for easy storage and organization. You don't have to provide the list; we'll do the data input for you. Take a look at ChineseNow.net and you'll find the most basic 1033 HSK expressions in the online dictionary over there.

I'm not so keen on that box. I have it, and tried to use it, but found the fact that it tests single characters rather than words made it less useful than making my own flashcards. It does give you the words a character is found in on the reverse though, plus it has the stroke order.

Roddy

Hi Haizi,

Trying to bargain a bit - how much would be your price for all 2018 words of the B list, and how much for the 2022 words of the C list ?

About the font I'm not that experienced - I like 'simple' fonts (easy to read but not 'artistic') as the ones used in beginner's Chinese text books. Do you use the fonts of NanJiXing ? If yes, the HeiTi font is the one I like best but the others are also OK. And, I'd like to have the pinyin written on the same side as the English description.

Could you send me some sample cards of the HSK B or C list (to Germany) ?

And finally, how to send you the money - there is a ZhongGuo YinHang in the city I live - do you have a bank account at this bank ? I have no experience with that but I've been told that money transfer may cost quite a lot...

Bye & zai jian,

Jan

Hi Haizi' date=' could you do a word file with the vocab in (plus pinyin and english translation) rather than flashcards? I need an electronic version as I want to convert it for use on a palm. If so, how much would you charge?

thanks, Jo[/quote']

I am not too sure that I should make an electronic copy of the vocabulary and put it on the Internet. If I use other people's copyrighted compilation, it is unfair to them. If I use my own compilation, which is a lot of work, how can I be properly compensated?

If you want flashcards they're very simple to make. I've got a total of 2000 of them. A box of 100 blank business cards will cost 4-5Y here in Beijing. Get a friendly Chinese person to write down the characters you want (I got our receptionist to do them when she wasn't busy - in the end she took them home and had her whole family doing them) and then you add in the pinyin / translation / whatever other info you want. Of course you could also do the character yourself' date=' but it might not look right . . .

People have said they'd be embarrassed to ask someone to write all those characters for them, but it doesn't actually take very long - imagine how long it takes to write one character (for someone who actually knows how to write) - a few seconds, say 5 for the sake of argument.

5 seconds for 100 cards = less than 10 minutes a hundred. You could do the entire HSK word list in a couple of afternoons.

Roddy[/quote']

Roddy: If you are not embarrassed to have a whole family work for you for free, you should at least respect their labour. Try it yourself to see if you can finish 100 cards in 10 minutes. You cannot do the entire HSK word list in "a couple of afternoons." It took me 6 hours to just print and cut about 1000 cards. FYI, I could only find decent card stock at 1 Yuan per sheet in Beijing. Every sheet can be used to produce about 10 business cards.

It really is worth you buying an HSK dictionary. All the words you need to learn are in there. The dictionary also contains examples of usage and Hanzi so you can make your own flash cards.

The dicitionaries only cost about US$40 so be a devil and spend a little money. Remeber this dictionary will last you many years and help you with all the HSK exams.