Chinese-Forums

Hello (New user introduction)

sheik

Hi, I have to say this is a great site, I'm really glad I've found it.

I feel a bit out of place as I don't speak Chinese, but I do run a site that tries to teach people Chinese...

I do have some issues I'd like to ask advice on but I will post them as new topics. First a small introduction:

I am half BBC (British Born Chinese), my father is HK Chinese and my mother is English.

My father's side of the family speak Cantonese but for various reasons I never learned when I was younger :(.

I'm trying to change this now though, so I am trying to learn how to speak Cantonese (so I can speak with my family in their native tongue, especially my grandmother) and write Chinese (this is more for my own sense of achievement rather than any practical reason).

As you probably know, Mandarin resources are plentiful on the Internet but Cantonese ones are far less so. For that reason I started publishing my notes about two years ago.

I am finding learning Chinese to be a fascinating experience but the difficulty can be incredibly demoralising sometimes...

Are there any Cantonese regulars here, or are most people mainland Chinese?

Regards from England,

/dam

Hi Adam!!! I've been to your site too!! Actually, I'am registered there too!!! Under the name Peaches, I enjoy your site very much!! But I haven't been there in a while, because I needed to brush up on my Mabdarin!!! But your site is in my favorites folder, I pop in once in a while to learn Cantonese!!! WELCOME to the forum, enjoy your stay!!!! :clap:clap:clap