Chinese-Forums

Learning Chinese in Shanghai - SJTU vs. Fudan

smithfield

Hi,

Does anyone have any information on the chinese courses at Fudan and SJTU? My level of mandarin is maybe intermediate beginner (cant read or write, can understand somewhat conversationally, cant speak as well). From my understanding, SJTU is in a much better location and is half the price compared to Fudan, but Fudan has a better reputation in China. Does that matter for the Chinese courses though?

Also, can anyone tell me what the classes and people are like at the beginner levels? What the day to day schoolwork/homework is like, what the classmates are like, and what the teachers are like?

Any information or advice would be great! Thanks!

• 1 month later...

A friend of mine who is currently studying at SJTU told me that the Chinese Language classes there are fairly good and that the classes at Fudan are said to be terrible although Fudan has a great reputation. She also mentioned that there are some people at STJU who spend their first semester at Fudan and then fled to STJU... .

Some members of this forum also told me that STJU is a good place to study Chinese Language.

I am going to attend STJU this year, starting from September...may be I see you there. :wink:

Which country are you from? And m/f?

I am from Germany,male, and just graduated from secondary school... .

• 7 years later...

Hi!  This thread is quite old.  I was wondering if there are updates as to the differences between the two universities.  How do their Language programs compare now?  From what I've gathered, SJTU seem to be closer to downtown than that of Fudan. Is there any other factor that could help me choose between the two universities?