Chinese-Forums

been in China for so long- should I stay?

sirenbear

well....I read once that if you are having trouble making a decision, the best thing to do is just decide SOMETHING, and then see how that sits with you for a few days. If it doesn't "sit right", you can always change your mind.

So, I think I made the decision to return home immediately in a fit of a emotion (there are certain things here that I have been going through that are difficult- not related to the country but related to relationships with people). But I have realized that I do not want to go home right this minute. My student visa lasts until the end of the summer, and I am going to stick around at least until then probably. That way I can continue to be independent, and I can think more about my future.

Either way I decide, the decision will be a little difficult. But my goal is to have a career, not just a job...and to be independent. So at this point I am not ready to go home and live with the parents again. It is so much easier to be in China and be on your own with less money. But I have a feeling that a return home, at least temporarily, is in the cards pretty soon. (I am American btw).