Chinese-Forums

English MBAs in Shanghai

PabloDel

Can you help me?

I'm looking for information of the best Universities in Shanghai to study an MBA in english, I hope that here any one can helpme with these information.

In my country (Colombia) we haven't good information for these kind.

• 2 weeks later...
wow I'm surprised there is a MBA program in China ranked #8 worldwide. My impression was always that Chinese MBA are still terrible by international standard

Is the Financial Times ranking credible? I can't find any explanation of the ranking methodology.

I have my doubts about the whole enterprise of ranking business schools across different countries. Much of the value of business school is networking and the actual practice of business is often very country-specific. How do you compare with a CEIB MBA to a Insead MBA, for instance? Doesn't it depend on what you want to do and where you want to do it?

See here for a list of schools accredited by the AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). For China (not including Hong Kong), the only listed business schools are:

China Europe International Business School (CEIBS)

Tsinghua University

Much of the value of business school is networking and the actual practice of business is often very country-specific. How do you compare with a CEIB MBA to a Insead MBA, for instance? Doesn't it depend on what you want to do and where you want to do it?
I still think that rankings serve a purpose (if only to see what future employers are going to think of your school, because they often are heavily influenced by these lists), but I completely agree with you that the personal needs play a very important role.

Actually, you even have to make these distinctions within the same school. I met the China CEO of a large multinational, who had taken his MBA at CEIBS, and he told me that he went with the English stream to get more from his lectures (as most of the lecturers were foreigners, the Chinese stream lost half of their class time to translation). He learned later, however, that a lot of government bigwigs in need of a title for their business card were attending the Chinese stream (apparently at heavily reduced prices), so that for him running a company in China, the Chinese stream would have been the better option by far.

• 4 months later...

AEMBA Euromed Marseille Ecole de Management in Jiao Tong University offer part time MBA programs in English, that can provide also a double degree, a local and a European with tracks in finance and in global management.

You can see here: http://www.aemba.com.cn/home_en.asp

AEMBA contact: AEMBA-info@sjtu.edu.cn

Best regards