Chinese-Forums

This sentence order is confusing me... Plus a word.

FromMars

This appears to be two sentences in one, but it's got that annoying thing that Chinese has where there's a commas in the sentence, making it ambiguous exactly what sentence ends and which is continuing to or from another.

強化系統可讓自己的裝備能力增強,除了身上的裝備之外,鑲嵌的寶石也能強化過後

再鑲嵌入裝備裡。

So what this is saying is you can increase the strength of your equipment, except for what you've got equipped already? That sorta makes no sense.....but then it could be it's leading to the sentence afterwards saying "mounted stones may also be re-mounted once leveled up, except for anything you have equipped on you"...or something. I'm at a loss on how to word any of this to make any sense as the whole structure just confuses the hell out of me.

And while we're at it, does 衝裝 mean essentially leveling up equipment or something? I can't find this word in English anywhere but it's all over the net. Here's how it's being used..

"衝裝還會有特殊的附加效果,只要將裝備衝到+5、+9、+12這三個數值,都可以個別

啟動兩種特殊效果". Notice also the 衝 being used as a verb for getting to certain numbers. This is how I'm guessing it means to level up, but I want to make sure :)

Thanks.

I read it as:

Strengthening system can increase the capabilities of your equipment. With the exception of equipment worn on the body, inlaid/embedded precious stones can be re-inserted in to the equipment after the strengthening process.

I have no idea what it means, but I guess it's from a computer game of some kind, where you can insert precious stones into equipment.

除了...外.... is usually at the beginning of a sentence and I don't think that it can follow something else. So it refers to the following clause.

If it's a game then I think 衝裝 could mean the same as 衝擊裝備 a kind of equipment or ammo used within the range of attack/battle, something like that

Notice also the 衝 being used as a verb for getting to certain numbers. This is how I'm guessing it means to level up, but I want to make sure

I think so too, it refers to points scored in the game

First of all,I translate 強化系統可讓自己的裝備能力增強,除了身上的裝備之外,鑲嵌的寶石也能強化過後再鑲嵌入裝備裡。into English.

The Strengthen System(noun) can strengthen the quality of equipment.Not only the equipment you've equipped,but the mounted stones may also be remounted into equipment once leveled up.

I'll tell you these things:

1,the commas is in a wrong position.the first commas should be a full stop.

2,you can't chanslate 除...外 into "expect".in fact,it's not "除...外".it's "除...外,也".so we should chanslate it into "not only...but..."

衝裝means increasable equipment

in"衝裝","衝"means increasable

in"只要將裝備衝到","衝"means increas

do you understand what i say?~!