Chinese-Forums

Some questions re: Chinese cartoon

stoney

I've watched this Chinese cartoon a couple times and have a few questions. It's only about 6minutes long and really a good laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNVgZV4vKeo

050 我想看看他的 (图案??)是什么样的 What is that word?

100 家里有一辆车会很方便 应该说对你方便才对 What's this mean?

It's convenient for a family to have a bike ( he's making an excuse to buy the bike )

( she replies ) It's only convenient for you

119 这算什么事 (what's this mean?)

124 这是四轮驱动的吗 Is this a retorical question? ie This is a four wheel drive, right? ( I'm expecting a four wheel drive)

133 不会是二手的吧 Is this a retorical question? ie This wouldn't happen to be second hand would it? ( I don't want a second hand bike )

236 你不能玩孩子玩的游戏吗 does this mean... can't you just play normal kid games?

308 你找死啊 ( 欧巴桑 ??) Is he swearing at her? 要叫我小姐

332 你(?)脚(?)在车坐上有什么用呢 couple characters I couldn't read or hear

443 我居然这么轻易就想放弃  真是太说不过去了 ?? don't understand this last part

Thanks for any help

Hope you enjoyed the cartoon

I wonder where this was made (mainland, Taiwan...) and when??

050 我想看看他的 (图案??)是什么样的 What is that word?

The word is 图案 (hey there are subtitles). The kid says he wants to have a look at the pattern of the underpant of the lady next to him.

欧巴桑 ??
It sounds like a Japanese borrowing, not sure what it means in Chinese (but must be something rude, such as "old maid", etc. ).
真是太说不过去了 ??
= This is not right, not acceptable.
I wonder where this was made (mainland, Taiwan...) and when??
It's Jappanese.

Thanks for the responses.

japanese cartoon, dubbed by taiwanese

It would be nice to see something like this coming directly out of China. So far I haven't found any Chinese cartoons that appeal to me. Talking to a Chinese friend, she said 蠟筆小新 is/was very popular in China.

It would be nice to see something like this coming directly out of China.
I think this particular episode may be from mainland China. Things out of Taiwan/Hongkong would have traditional Chinese subtitle instead of simplified as we see here.

this cartoon is not published by Chinese,It's from Japan.and By the way,I love this cartoon and I'm watching this cartoon,even I know which scene you have seen.

Before I chanslate these sentence or words,I must introduce this cartoon.

this cartoon's name is:crayon shinosuge(japanese boy's name)

this cartoon is made by Japanese.

before I chanslate the actor's lines.

it have been translated by Chinese.

the first was made in 1994(how can i say:第一集?)

the leading actor:shinosuge is a little boy,5years old,is a kid,he's characteristic is have a little lascivious.he love stranger beautiful big sister.

Now I solve your problems:

050:图案:picture

by the way.他 is a wrong character.you should use 它.

100:absolutely right

119:How is this case going on.(this sentence I have no confidence)

124:absolutely right(I don't know what mean does "retorical".can you translate it into Chinese?)

133:absolutely right.he don't like second-hand bike.

236:absolutely right

308:he is not swearing at his mother.just only laugh at her mother.he laught at her mother is not a young girl.

"欧巴桑: is Japanese.it's basic meaning is aunt.(mother's sister)It's extended meaning is non-younger woman.(we know that our little leading actor has a little lascivious and he love beautiful big sister.)

332:the complete sentence is:你(把)脚(放)在车坐上有什么用呢

把(ba:3 tone)

放(fang:4 tone)

it means:What's the use of putting your foot on the saddle?

by the way.坐 in this sentence is a wrong character.you should use 座.

443:It's not right for a mother.

by the way.this sentence is special.when we chanslate it into english.we'll have a lot of result.in this sentence we could translate it like this.

in Chinese,it's express the case not fit of theoretics or ethics.(do you understand what I mean?)

Thank you williams.

我想看看它的图案是什么样的

so, does this mean -- I want to look at what kind of bike ( she is buying ) ????

119:How is this case going on.(this sentence I have no confidence)

Anyways, I think she is complaining about the crazy things that always happen in her life ( 由于小鬼 ) like this bike situation.

124:absolutely right(I don't know what mean does "retorical".can you translate it into Chinese?)

Sorry, I spelled that wrong

rhetorical = 反问句式

443:It's not right for a mother.

by the way.this sentence is special.when we chanslate it into english.we'll have a lot of result.in this sentence we could translate it like this.

in Chinese,it's express the case not fit of theoretics or ethics.(do you understand what I mean?)

I understand your meaning

我居然这么轻易就想放弃  真是太说不过去了

She is saying...

I give up so easily , it's not right( I should try harder)

。。。".我是不合适的妈妈" 。。。 她总是自己批评

Quote:

我想看看它的图案是什么样的

so, does this mean -- I want to look at what kind of bike ( she is buying ) ????

I think both 他 and 它 are wrong. It should be 她 (and "我想看看她的图案是什么样的" doesn't have anything to do with the bike, but with a perverse sense of humour by the author, I think.)

:oops:No no no.HashiriKata ,You're wrong

他,她,它 is pronoun

他 just only for man

她 just only for woman

它 for anything expect human

bike have it's picture,but human have no picture.

bike is not human,so we shoud use 它.

that's it all:D

don't confused

No, no, no williams, I'm afraid HashiriKata (and Skylee several posts before that) is correct.

她 refers to the woman whose underwear he wants to look at. If you notice just after he says this, he goes to lift up a woman's skirt but his mother quickly pulls him away. If you look at the original subtitles it also says 她.

The next sentence the mother then says: 你想威胁我是不是? It is unlikely that the child could 威胁 the mother just by looking at a picture on the tricycle.

欧巴桑 ??

It sounds like a Japanese borrowing, not sure what it means in Chinese (but must be something rude, such as "old maid", etc. ).

It's borrowed into Taiwan, to mean 'old lady'. When said to an actual old lady it's not impolite (afaik), but of course a young lady would be offended. I don't think this word is used on the mainland.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...