Chinese-Forums

Online Chinese degree courses - EchineseBLCU?

roddy

There's a new* online offering from BLCU, EChineseBLCU.com. While I'm a bit dubious about this, as their last attempt, eBLCU didn't really seem to go anywhere - they are listing undergraduate courses, which I haven't seen before.

There are online demos to look at if you want.

*Actually looks like it isn't new at all - copyright 2007, and they've (STILL!!!!) got the 2008 HSK schedule up there. First I've heard of it though.

Well ... 2 years ago I contacted them by phone, asking them why subscription fees didn't get deducted from my bank account.

I had to call back the next day, as they only had one English speaker at their department ... and unfortunately he wasn't there. :roll:

The answer I got (the next day) was they were not accepting any new subscriptions at the time, as they were redesigning the web site (incl. the e-learning part). They also mentioned that their new design would be finished in a month or so.

Still can't figure out which calendar system they were using ... :mrgreen:

The lay-out looks different (though not by much), the content looks exactly the same ... so, personally, they won't be able to convince me to try with them again.

Edited by Senzhi

It used to be the case with the Open University that language degrees dont work that well using on-line tools. I dont think OU offer many language courses for that reason and certainly not Chinese and they seem to have enough experience in distance learning.