Chinese-Forums

Questions about 4 weeks summer scholarship program in BLCU(Confucius institute)

caro7411

Hey,

I really need help, I am completely lost....

I've apply for a scholarship, a professor from my university helped me applying for it, it's from the Confucius institute.

Yesterday, I've just received an admission from BLCU and a JW202 form but nothing about the scholarship.

And I'm leaving very soon...25th June...I'm really freaking out

So my questions are:

- How do they know that you have a scholarship? Do we have to do some administration taks about it before going to Beijing?

- Can we book a room by phone?

- Can we registrer at any moment of the day when arriving?

- What kind of program we can have with the scholarship? I've heard that there are 4/6 hours day courses

Thanks for all the people who can help me out ^^

Hi!

I´ve got the same scholarship, though I haven´t got any reply yet (I´m probably going to BNU, but BLCU and ECNU are my other options). Actually, I was wondering about the same questions, but I think you shouldn´t worry too much, China is The country of administration. :wink: I´m sure they will know you´re on a scholarship and won´t make you pay any fee. At least some friends I know already were at BLCU with this scholarship and everything was OK. But I suggest that if any such payment/scholarship problem happens, tell them to call Hanban 中国国家汉办 or call them yourself.

As to dorms, I think scholarship students (always??) get the cheapest room, which at BLCU may not mean much luxury, but as I´ve heard if you´re willing to pay the difference, you can have a better room.

I´m just as beginner as you in this short-term scholarship thing, but hope my 2 cents helped. And enjoy your stay at BLCU! :)

Thank you GaoGao for your reply.

Actually I called all the people this morning and I get all the answers of my questions

But I've heard so much things that I get really worry

Some people said that they don't really care about you and you have to do everything by yourself..

Yes I know that we give the cheapest room, I would like to change my room into a better one but they told me that they are no single room anymore. too bad :(

Actually I called all the people this morning and I get all the answers of my questions

Perhaps you could write another reply then that answers all of your questions, in case someone else comes along with similar questions in the future.

Sure Imron

So people told me that you don't have to do anything about the scholarship if you have received you admission paper to the school, they know that you have a scholarship and the governement has already planned all for you.

So you don't have to register, neither book a room if you get a scholarship because they've already booked a room for you, but it should be the worse one, so if you want to switch into another one, you have to call them and book another room and pay the difference.

What else? no one will come to take you at the airport, you have to go there by yourself, by taxi or bus I think.

About the scholarship, they pay you the tuition fee, the room, meals and they give some pocket money (about 1000 CNY)

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask

If I can help you, I'll be glad to do it ^^

You're welcome GaoGao ^^

My professor told me that if you apply for three schools, they will give you the worse one, that means the one less people apply for it.

So I think you won't be in BLCU

That's why I only apply for BLCU even if they ask you to put 3 choices

Well, that´s OK, I don´t want to go to BLCU, I picked it because it was the other option in Beijing. Actually, I want to go to BNU. My third choice is ECNU in Shanghai, but I would be happier to be in Beijing, because I know the city better, since I have already been there.

Hi All,

I also applied for this program one month ago and there is still no feedback. Does anyone know what is the latest time they should advise me about the result? i just get get no sleep till i find it out, cos i have to plan my life around it, if i get it.

Thanks for any info:)

Hey Adri!

I completely understand your worries.

Before doing my visa and fixing all the things, I couldn't sleep at night neither

Now I'm really excited and start to plan everything

But if you apply for BLCU for the same period, it will be short to do the visa before your leaving, maybe try to call them

Here is the phone number of the Conficius Institute: 86-10-58595958 if needed

but I don't know if they speak English

Good luck!

OMG that's really a stressful situation!

I know that you can do your visa in 1 or 2 days if you pay more

If you go to BLCU, you should arrive on the 25th at least, it's written in my admission notice. It's saying if you fail registrering before June 25, your scholarship is not available anymore

I called the Conficius institute and they told me that all you have to do is to give the admission notice to the university when you arrive and register but seems that you don't have it so if I'm you I won't go without this admission letter except you want to pay the school by yourself...

Maybe you can try to convince them going to BNU because it's too late to prepare everything for BLCU...

Good luck ^^

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone, I just created my profile in order to write here.

I've applied and been accepted to the 4 week BLCU scholarship. I'll be there from 27th July to 25th August. I've asked and as it seems I'm the only spaniard who's been accepted.

Is anyone going to BLCU when I am? It would be a relief to know someone as it seems the university does not have a program and it's going to leave me on my own :S

Thanks Meneueta and congratulations :) I hope we could meet at BLCU this summer! Did you apply directly to the university? I applied through an authorized association in Greeece (which is where I live) but they keep telling me that results are not available yet...

I applied thru the Confucius Institute of Valencia, here in Spain, and they were not the ones who told me I got the scholarship, BLCU contacted me by e-mail and let me know.

So that association in Greece, do you know when they plan on giving the results?...Have they told you?

Hi Meneueta.

Last week I received an e-mail from Qingdao Univesrity (although I never applied there), so I'll be attending their summer program. I really wanted to go to Beijing and BLCU though... Anyway, maybe next year. And Qingdao seems a nice city too. Wishing you an unforgettable experience at BLCU!! Have fun!

SLA

• 2 weeks later...