Chinese-Forums

Studying chinese in turkey

aosılanmu

thanks for ur message..I want to know that.. Are there any students else who are studying chinese in Turkey like me?If so, I'll be glad to see them here..and ı think education at university isn't sufficent for me..so ı know that, ı must do sth myself !! what can ı do advance to my chinese? ıf u can help me,ı'll be really happy.. I'm waiting your advices..

Welcome.

You need to read through the older threads here on this forum. You can search for things, or read through the many forums dealing with learning Chinese, from characters, to discussion, from dictionaries to movie and music recommendation.

There is a wealth of information there.

For example, you could take a look at our TV Series subforum for information on watching Chinese series online and useful resources like transcripts and vocabulary lists. Yes, I'm advertising it shamelessly :mrgreen:

thanks leeyah..to see another person from Turkey and of course to meet all of u is nice.. although ı think it is difficult ı love chinese.. ı'm trying to advance myself about chinese.. I hope ı can success that!! thanks again..

• 2 weeks later...

You may want to consider trying for a Chinese government scholarship and spending a year in China. I think that we had only one Turkish student this past year studying Chinese language at Peking University.

Chinese government scholarship is for few people so it's really hard.from here students generally go there with their own money as long as they can afford. i'm third class student and I don't know how can I go there.looking for opportunity from private sector .

I don't know if they were on scholarship or not, but there was a group of about five the year before last & another group of three Turkish students last year, all guys, in Guangzhou, Jinan College of Chinese Language and Culture (华文学院). Anyway, I think if you have good chengji (成绩) and study really hard you should be entitled to get one, eventually. 努力努力吧!

By the way, did you guys know that your ancestors, the Turkish peoples before their westward migration had an interesting history of relations with China and even managed to exercise significant cultural and military influence on the Chinese, from the era of the Silk Road and especially during the Great Tang dynasty (608AD-907AD)?

Music, arts, and sports were part of both life and death in this affluent Tang society. They were enriched by importation. During the 8th century, Central Asiatic harpers and dancers were enormously popular in Chinese cities. Turkish folksongs were introduced and had influence on some Chinese poems. Musicians from Kucha in Central Asia probably exerted the most influence. To this day Chinese names for many instruments betray their foreign origin.

In the 9th century, exotic literature with tales from the far West were being read and told everywhere. Storytelling and plays were popular in Tang. Many artists made living by telling fairy tales in the streets and storytellers became the most popular entertainers at court. Many years later these stories would evolve into plays.

The superb power of horses from the west remains high value placed on the cavalry by the military of the Tang, which strained China's silk industry by an annual requirement of fifty million feet of silk for the purchase of horses from Turkic tribes. The six steeds of Emperor Tai-tsung are the most renowned horse in China's history, for they bore him through his military triumphs. Horses are symbols of prestigious status and a measure of wealth and power in Tang.

I remember our Han Chinese teachers telling us "Afanti de gushi" 《阿凡提的故事》, witty Chinese stories for children, actually of Turkish origin. (Afanti is Chinese for polite address to elderly men: Efendi, if I'm not mistaken)

Here's one: 大锅宝宝 (Çömleğin Bebekleri) which we knew as 大锅生小锅 in Chinese & Turkish for you: http://www.tuerqi.info/channel_contentv2/article.php?channel=sp&aid=10

I've also heard that Chinese people whose surname is 马ma3(Horse) have got a few drops of ethnic Turkish blood running in their veins :) & you can read more on Turk-Chinese relations @ :

http://www.chinaknowledge.de/History/Tang/turks.html

http://www.silk-road.com/artl/tang.shtml

Little stranger..hii again.. You hadn't write ur name but despite of that ı wanna say nice to meet u;) I'm on the same thinking with u about scholarship.. Still this'll be my second year at chinese and at erciyes university..ı don't know what happens in future..but ı think ur universty is luckier than ours.. If u say why? Cuz.. you know Bülent Okay naturally.. He came to our speaking lessons this year.. He says that he gave some scholarshps to ankara's students who he saw convenient for schlarshp of course.. I attended 'hanyu qiao" this year the competition was in odtü in 29may.. And ı met one of the competitors who is 4class at ankara uni.. Bulent Okay had given him a scholarship opportinty.. but he said' he didnt accept it because he didn't like the city which is given..(now ı dnt remembr which city.).. He didnt want to it cuz he want to go shanghai,beijing etc.. Namely..compare to us, ankara's students have luck about ths subject but some of them dont know value of these opportinities..

@leeyah; thank you a lot for your comment. yes i know we had shared lots of culturel similarity that touched in every area ;stories,songs ,historical agreements etc.because our anchestors together lived on steppe of Asia. And again i want to thank you for your information about 马 which i have ever heard about. Horse is one of the most important symbols in our history with wolf . When the time come to mention about their living , it’s said "they were living on horses" :)

@aosılanmu; we are lucky about our teachers yes i know but they are too busy with thier own Works so generally they had no time to care us, i mean the thing you saw not frequently happens :)

by the way i'm canan and nice to meet you too.

right.. but we have good teachers too.. All the teachers who we have at university have the same goal.. teaching Chinese to us !! they are all good at their jobs..but only for ones who really want to learn chinese.. Not for the others!! u're third class and of course u know alot of thing which ı didnt know..so ı wait for your advices to me everytime and ı hope that u can find scholarship or an opprtinity to go China soon ;) nice 2 meet u again canan..

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • New Members

Hi guys! Nice to meet all of you!I am from China, my English name is Gloria. I have just graduated from Beijing Language and Culture University. Right now i am working in Ankara. I am willing to teach Chinese in the weekends. I have abundent experience in teaching Chinese as my school has a lot of forgein students, and i had been tutoring Chinese to foreigners for four years.

Contact me if you want. My email adress is gulmirefive@gmail.com