Chinese-Forums

What level is NPCR 5?

reallych1932

I've wondered the same thing about NPCR 6. One of my teachers said the guy writing NPCR 6 had promised it for this year, but apparently it's postponed for next year, or something like that. Just looked at Cheng and Tsui website and I don't see NPCR 6...yet...

I would guess NPCR 5 would go with HSK Intermediate, but I could be wrong.

NPCR6 has kept being delayed, I don't know when it will come out.

It's hard to gauge the HSK level you can get after finishing the course, because it will depend on what else you learn in the meantime, but I'd say that the whole NPCR can take you to a level 6 or so, probably not more. A free estimate based on mock-up tests, I haven't done the HSK yet.

I think that NPCR is a fine course, but I think that supplementing it with other reading and listening (like comics, books and TV shows) is essential.

I would recommend keeping an eye on the Cheng and Tsui website. With textbook series, they often announce a new volume several months in advance and start taking pre-orders. I am still not seeing NPCR6 yet.