Chinese-Forums

Facebook blocked in China

Xiao Kui

anyone else using witopia having trouble with facebook and twitter for the first 3 or 4 minutes (sometimes as much as 10 min)? most other sites which are blocked, such as blogspot, wordpress and xanga, do just fine immediately upon connecting to the VPN

any insight? anyone?

Are you using the mac or windows version? Mac it's under the tunnelblick- details thing. Windows, I can't remember.

If I stay on for a long period it just tends to lag down a bit. I think they are choking the bandwidth.

I've been using it for quick looks at Facebook and Twitter, not having any problems. I even get decent P2P download speeds, although for the sake of good manners I try to remember to turn those off when the VPN is on.

Witopia support is very good - won't do any harm to drop them a line.

which version of firefox are u using? u cant use the newest because the add ons are too new. version 3..0.12 works because thats what i am using

open firefox and there should be a red "tor disabled" at the bottom left corner of ur screen. right click on that once and it will be green and say "tor enabled"

i know it works because me and many of my freinds are using it

is there a little green onion in the very bottom right hand corner hat says connected to the tor network?

ok ur connected. do u see a red "tor disabled" at the bottom right of ur firefox screen (directly above ur computers time)? if u see that RIGHT click it once to make it green. it should then say "tor connected" in green. once u have that u can use facebook. i am in dongbei and it works here

i still can't connect to facebook

Try ǝʇɐƃǝǝɹɟ.

download, unzip and run. A new IE window will open allowing you into pretty much everything.

http://tinyurl.com/noz7gh

Sorry. This link no longer works.

Edited by liuzhou

im in jilin province

you can use regular proxies to read but not write. these work for youtube but u can only read facebook

www.sneakme.net

www.hidefap.com

also

www.chenlu.info works somewhat

u can use any proxy like www.vtunnel.com then go to google (it will be western google not chinese google) then search for proxies

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

So, I actually went somewhere without my own computer for once (never happens) and then I was getting frustrated that no computers had skype or chrome so I got the brilliant idea to install them all on my USB drive. then I decided to download the ǝʇɐƃǝǝɹɟ (is the secrecy really necessary?) as well on my usb drive and guess what it works great! Now I have unlimited access to fb wherever I go on something higher than IE 6. I feel so smart :)

• 3 weeks later...