Chinese-Forums

Chinese study group in Beijing

storyline

Hi Starcaller,

Indeed we are! We aim at meeting once a month. Check out the first or last posting on the site by "Storyline" (yours truly) for the dates and topic. Hope to see you there soon!

Edited by storyline

Dear all,

Our next meeting will be on Feb 11 and do a little early celebrating of the Chinese New Year. We're also making some changes to our group. To attend please RSVP to stayandhear@gmail.com. There is also a meeting fee of 5RMB for the vocabulary printouts. The cost of the dinner will be shared.

The topic for this meeting will be the timely "CHINESE NEW YEAR / SPRING FESTIVAL - The Rituals and The Language".

We will explore various aspects of this most important holiday on the Chinese calendar, and the language associated with the celebration. From "红包" to "春联", there is a wealth of cultural intrigue, and we will talk about it over the famous 焖锅 (a type of hot pot)!

Meeting Info:

Chinese study group in Beijing Feb 11 Meeting + "焖锅" Dinner!

"CHINESE NEW YEAR / SPRING FESTIVAL - The Rituals and The Language"

Time: Thu. Feb. 11, 2010 7-9pm

Place: Write to Stayandhear@gmail.com for more information

Chinese speaking time: 80%+, or we try :mrgreen:

Charge: We'll share the dinner cost (and try to keep it under 50RMB per person). 5 RMB Meeting fee for vocabulary printouts.

So come hungry and ready. Have a great year of the TIGER!

Edited by storyline

• 1 month later...

hello guys =)

I've just been in Beijing for a few days. Super cold n i only got one winter coat. O_O (My home town is tropical, so yeah.) hope there's still the study group. XD I would love to go join any time :clap would love to see u =)