Chinese-Forums

Chinese TV Outside of China

taijidan

We have been offered a deal of £15 a month including the box, activation, delivery for the 40 channel package. Saving about £50 over a year.

We quite like the option of just switching on the TV and watching it straight from the device rather than having to boot up a PC and fiddle around with the options.

I am concerned about the video quality being described as being weak given they are offering HD channels.

I am concerned about the video quality being described as being weak given they are offering HD channels.

It's been over a year since I tried them out. I wouldn't be surprised if they improved their video quality by now. They gave me a free 30 day trial at the time.

• 3 weeks later...

They have improved the quality it seems. When you first switch over to a channel the service is a bit blocky but then it corrects itself and is fine to watch. I think this is the device looking at how much bandwidth is available (7MB conection) then streaming at the best rate.

The HD channels are not HD. More like a normal digital signal. So far it looks good. We hope they will add some more channels in the future as some of the channels are rather boring.

We do get a bit of buffering but only on one channel so this seems more like the channel than the service.