Chinese-Forums

Chinese Perapera-kun in Firefox 3.5.* - here is how!

flameproof

Ok that's not really a quote option like I'm used to in most forums. All that does is add quote tags, I still have to manually copy and paste what someone said that I want to quote. Also it doesn't seem to be possible to subscribe to threads so its hard to keep track of threads I'm monitoring or have replied to. I guess its just different versions of the forum script.

I still have to manually copy and paste what someone said that I want to quote.
That's correct. This forces people to only quote what they need, rather than just blindly quoting the entire post. See here and here for further discussion. Threads can be subscribed from the user control panel (see here and here for further info). Further discussion if needed should take place in those threads.

^^ Yeah I've been using Zhong Wen for months. It's a pretty cool add-on. The only thing they really should fix is adding the option of a one-button activation of the add-on ONLY when you actually need it. Otherwise it gets annoying when it keeps displaying character definitions even when you wouldn't want it to - sometimes even when you move the mouse to the side of the screen.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks man! I was really bummed when I d/l'ed the latest Firefox, only to have my beloved pera-kun fall incompatible. Now it's back and going strong!

Also, I tried out Zhong Wen and it's not bad, but I do prefer pera-kun over it for aesthetic reasons.

• 1 month later...

As I posted here the new version of Perapera kun is out (2.0).

Tried out those other plugins mentioned, but I think I will stick with Perapera and being able to save and export words. It also uses the CC-CEDICT dictionary now. Better than the previous version.

http://perapera.wordpress.com/2009/11/16/perapera-kun-2-0-live

I think I will stick with Perapera and being able to save and export words

Mrtee, Could you please describe the options for the save file? Which version are you using? My saved entries have some encoding problems:

黥꒍⁨痃괠曃뤬瑯⁲敶敲琬ഊ

Rikaichan works fine (for saving files).

--

Figured out or found a workaround for encoding problems. Although I save the file as UTF-8, Wenlin corrupts it. Using MS Word and select UTF-8 in the prompts.

Edited by atitarev