Chinese-Forums

How to use pre-made lists in ZDT

taryn

So, I was under the impression ZDT was super easy to use and what have you, yet for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get a pre-made list to open in the program.

I downloaded the software, downloaded a couple of pre-made lists from the ZDT site, went to the Categories tab, made a new folder, clicked import and...

nothing.

Just a sand dial...for like 10 minutes!

Am I missing something? :help

Could you point us to one of the lists you were having trouble with?

Some of the lists are in ZDT "backup" format, so you would not import them, you would use the "restore data" feature instead.

[bTW, importing word lists is one of the not-so-super-easy parts of ZDT....]

If you're asking for help from people, make it as easy as possible and post the URL. I assume you mean the one here? http://zdt.sourceforge.net/main/wordlist/pimsleur_unit_1/

Yes, those are text files.

Did you even see the "Import Options" dialog, where you can select which file to import?

• 8 months later...

The Import Format and File Encoding may be the problem. You need to choose the Import Format as "Custom" and then you can try different File Encoding options using the "Next>" button. You can then check the Preview window to see whether the File Encoding option is matched with the original file's. When they are not matched, you will see the Preview window showed garbage characters. You will then need to click "