Chinese-Forums

竊聽風雲 Overheard

skylee

I saw this film today and was very pleased. The film is well made, the story gripping and the acting up to everyone's expectation, I think. An entertaining and highly enjoyable film. As usual I went to the morning screening as it was cheaper and this is already the third day of its release. At the end of the film there was applause, which was really surprising (usually people who go to such a film at such a time are local audience).

It is not disappointing at all. Very worthy of the audience's money and time. Highly recommended.

[PS - And unlike another recent film "Murderer", there is no Mandarin-speaker high-ranking police officer in "Overheard", which is such a relief. The Mandarin-speaking actor in the "Murderer" actually made everyone laugh, which seriously spoiled the film. If a police officer in HK is to speak in a language other than Cantonese, then it is English. Not Mandarin, at least not yet.]

A relevant review -> http://news.sina.com.hk/cgi-bin/nw/show.cgi/15/1/1/1215475/1.html

I am very excited for this movie! The name and the actors caught my attention when I went to see Transformers 2 and then I watched the previews and I was hooked. Now I just got to get time to go to a theatre and watch it. Very, very excited