Chinese-Forums

Global Village Language Institute, Diqiucun, 地球村

trevelyan

I actually filled it out in Chinese and Korean, which is why I'm a bit put off. I'm looking to study somewhere in the fall for about 15-20 hours a week for about three months, and then look for work, either teaching English or doing something else. I like the prices for Di Qiu Cun, so I'd like something around those rates. Any info you can find is greatly appreciated bigtops.

I went into Diqiucun to discuss visas the other day and they are happy to sponsor people from around the world. I do not know if they will arrange student visas pre-arrival but if you come on a tourist visa it seems you would be able to arrange a student visa with them while here; in other words they'll do the switch for you. At current prices that will be about 1400 yuan, but I was warned that these prices are subject to change, as are laws with the coming May-October World Exhibition in Shanghai (what those legal changes might be were not clear).

The minimum length they will arrange is three months, and you must pay in advance for 1.5 hours/day of classes while arranging the visa. This brings the total to around 3500 yuan. You will not be reimbursed for any missed classes, and of course can schedule more if you want to study more.

For student who are finishing sessions in June and need visas to remain studying in China afterwards, they can arrange this, but cannot arrange more than one month in advance. Due to the possible complexities of visa issues come late May, when they told me to come back to apply, it is impossible to predict if the possibility to extend student visas through this school will remain at that time. I don't know how newcomers arriving on tourist visas will be affected.

• 1 month later...

Hey,

Can anyone currently at Diqiucun in Wudaokou or who can read the Korean website let me know if they do one on one beginner oral chinese/pronunciation classes? And if so for how much per hour?

If not, does anyone know of anywhere similar to Diqiucun which does such one on one classes in the Wudaokou district? I'm looking for evening classes that I can pay for on an hourly basis on top of my university course.

Thanks!