Chinese-Forums

Chinese text to voice

mandarinboy

Anyone having any experiance from Microsoft text to voice API (5.1)?

I have written several applicatons with this and are now trying to get it to work on an ASP page. It shoudl work if the user have the voice files on his/her computer. It work localy but i just can't get it to work from other computers. There is an example application in the speech SDK, i can't even get that one to work on another coputer.

I am not looking for software. Microsoft spech sdk is a set of tools to create your own speech enabled software. As with all syntezised speech it sounds not perfect but still enought do so some nic things with it. I am trying to get my on-line chinese-english dictionary to talk. It works very nice on my own server but naturaly it must work as nice on the clients computer. I have a test site at http://82.182.78.97/dictionary.

When you search for a word you can have the stroke order(ocrat and our own, almost 3000 both simplified and traditional), etymology(zhongwen.com) etc. There are also functions for voice. The voice part is where i have my problems right now. The whole site is yet just beta but i am working hard to get it more useful. My idea is to enable the chinese text anotation tools to have voice as well. I have a downloadable version where it works already, the tricky part is to get it to work online.

• 2 weeks later...

i have experience with it .... *remembers some bad memories* ... :D

try using the activeInstall on this page to get voices onto your other machines... http://64.78.10.249/speaksforitself/

it will go to microsoft's site and download default TTS engines...

you may have the TTS working correctly on your machine, but other people need to get actual VOICES downloaded to their machine, sometimes... there is no definitive way to love TTS glitches. trial and error i guess. :conf