Chinese-Forums

Flash card sentences using known words

PhilipLean

Not sure how to describe this, but what I am looking for is a flash card program or set that displays simple sentences using characters I have mastered.

For example If I learn "dog" the sentence shows "my dog" and maybe "my dog is big", provided I have mastered "my" "is" "big".

Ideally the sentences would only be composed of words that I had already studied / learned.

Does such a thing exist ?

I talked to a friend who writes database software. This seems to be a bit harder to implement than I expected.

For the moment I have decided to create my own flash card sets based on a standard beginners pack. Later I will make it available on Anki.

An example

我 + 的 + 生日

wǒ de shēng rì

my birthday.

Do any similar flashcard sets, containing simple sentences, already exist ?

So far I have only found the more complex sets like the HSK with around 2,000 sentences.

Thanks that is very useful, many good sets of flashcards of that I have not seen before. I particularly like the way it shows the contents / word list before you start playing the flashcards.

They are mainly flashcard sets containing groups of words, but they will be useful for my project.

Take a look at www.quizlet.com

There are loads of flashcards that people share. Enter basic Chinese or a specific book you are using.