Chinese-Forums

60th Anniversary Celebration and Parade - watch live online now . . .

Meng Lelan

Imron, or anyone else, this might work.

I've got no idea what they're saying. And I'm disappointed we're not getting details on what all this hardware is. Where are we now? I think this is just north of the train station - should be Jianguomen soon?

I assume all these shots of random people and buildings are while Hu floors it and heads back . . .

Love the way he just steps back into line as if he'd popped out for a cigarette. Oh no, a speech. Shoes at the ready!

I don't think they're so fussed about appearing to be spontaneous or engaged with the audience though. A Chinese speech is something you write down on paper and then read out. Anything else would be suspicious.

Hu and Jiang having a nice little chat there . . .

"Do you like my army?"

"I think you'll find it's mine."

Where I am at the Henan Institute of Education, they haven't paid for a subscription to CCTV9. Usually I can watch it live on my computer, but this morning the audio on the site kept dropping out and now the site appears to be completely down. I am reduced to watching ordinary TV-- quite a spectacle, even if my Chinese isn't up to the commentary... Is there any alternative way to reach the CCTV site other than: english/cctv.com/live ?

Mado