Chinese-Forums

Installing new dictionary in ZDT

stoney

No need.

The "new" dictionary should have a slightly different file name (and version number) and zdt will use the latest version.

[A warning: I put "new" in quotation marks as unfortunately the latest version is still quite old.]

Ok, thats good to know.

Now I have another problem. Searches in Adso dictionary were working fine, but now I get a search error ( CEDICT still works ) . It says it can't find a database, and when I go to preferences to set the databaes, I have no idea where to find it. Where is the data base I'm supposed to direct it to?

Otherwise I'll just try reinstalling everything.

Humm, not sure what to say. The "database" to which it refers is your user.script file. Going to Window -> Preferences -> Database, is that set to a valid user.script file? Otherwise, reinstall might be your best best. Just make sure to erase all the zdt files.

• 5 months later...

I apologize if there is a more appropriate place in cyberspace for this question: I just got a new Windows 7 computer. I have successfully installed ZDT, and have downloaded the additional plugins for ADSO and newer CEDICT (o.3.0 and 0.4.0). I have checked in my plugin directory and have found all the plugins there, but when I open up the ZDT, I don't have a choice for the ADSO dictionary. I have already tried a un/re-install a couple times, and have been able to import most of my old txt files back in to ZDT, but I still only have access to CEDICT. suggestions?

I want to amend the my last post: I have dropped in and have copied the CEDICT 0.3.0 and 0.4.0 plugins to the pluin directory, and now it seems the 0.4.0 cedict is working and "active." I have repeatedly done the same with the adso plugin, but it is not available when I try to choose another dictionary. When I go to the plugin directory, it is sitting right there (with a wicked grin on its face), but, when I go to the "about ZDT" "plug-in detail," it isn't listed. help?