Chinese-Forums

Lost Chinese Passport, now need a tourist visa in US Passport

baba321

• New Members

Hey...classyred...what ever happen. My girlfriend is in the same situation and we have tickets to fly out Sept 3rd!! She has to go back and get her fathers ashes. She has not been a citizen of China for 25 years so she can't find her passport or birth cert.

Does anyone have any success in this situation??

• New Members

My girlfriend also has the same problem and our plane leaves August 26th. This is completely ridiculous. My question is: couldn't she simply not mention on the form that she has any former nationality? She's a US citizen and that's that.

• 3 years later...
  • New Members

The same situation is happening to me right now. I have everything but my old China passport that expired a few years ago. However, I do have the photocopy of that old China passport. Does this help at all? Can someone with this same problem tell me what ended up happening to them? Thanks so much!

• 2 years later...
  • New Members

I have the same exact problem. I have lost my chinese passport for over 10 years, but i do have a photo copy. Even with the copy and all other necessary document, I still wasnt able to get a Visa. Could anyone have other ideas? SF consulate is not very helpful at all.

thanks