Chinese-Forums

Best Internet Service Provider in Guangzhou

Yaoshuya

Hi,

I am currently studying at SCNU in Guangzhou and am using the university's internet connection. I would like to find a faster ISP in Guangzhou that could give me speeds of roughly 2mb/s when visiting websites outside of China. Can anyone recommend a fast ISP in the Guangzhou area? Information on the speed/cost would be useful as well. Thanks for your help.

i'm a students at SCNU too. most students here use the 中国电信,i paid paid 780 a year with bandwidth of 1Mbps. it's a cheaper price for student. of course you can choose a 2Mbps bandwidth service, but it's normal price. i think 1Mbps is enough.

• 1 month later...

If you're going to be streaming Youtube/Hulu/etc. from US, definitely go for the 2M.

1 or 2M may seem like a small difference, but, stating the obvious, it's _double_ capacity. And more importantly, the difference between video's almost streaming without interruption and them doing so smoothly.

Also make sure you go for one of the big guys: China Telecom, China Unicom(CNC). The smaller ones are cheaper but typically focus on domestic traffic. Their International bandwidth they still have to buy from Telecom/Unicom and they're quite skimpy in doing so.

• 13 years later...
  • New Members

is there an available hotspot to purchase by the guang zhou cancer treatment center.

I am checking if there is a wifi on the go service i can purchase maybe for a month or 2 while i accompany my dad during his treatment i will be working remotely

On 2/8/2023 at 10:13 PM, EUC said:

is there an available hotspot to purchase by the guang zhou cancer treatment center.

I would suggest asking at the cancer treatment center. They might have a guest portal that you could use while your dad gets treatment there, much in the way a hotel guest gets temporary internet service. 

• Like 1