Chinese-Forums

Two sentences, which one is better?

Kenny同志

In Animal World’s version, would it be better to insert “well” between “corrosion” and “in” , it seems necessary.

I disagree. "Well" is one of these subjective qualifiers and weakens the writing . How "well" is "well"? 70% , 80%, 90%, 95%, or 99.9%? A property that the writer might consider "well" might be deemed "mediocre" or "unacceptable" by a reader. If the degree of resistance is THAT important it should be described concisely. Wordiness dilutes writing and instead of providing more information generally just causes confusion.

• 3 years later...
It seems that texts in science and technology are pervasive with nouns, however I think words would lose their power if too many nouns are used.

This can also just be the language. I remember from when I was translating from French to English that the French often use nouns for things that would be adjectives or adverbs, or even verbs, in English. And British people are always complaining about the American habit of 'verbing', i.e. using nouns as verbs.