Chinese-Forums

Durian smell

a_foxie_smile

Hello, I hope that someone has some ideas for me. I was stupid and bought some durian wafers that I left in the car overnight. Now all the car smells of tha wafers. It is really bad, more like a harsh chemical than fresh durian smell. Has anyone any idea of how I can get rid of the smell? Thanks!

Yeah, use some disinfectant and scrub the place where you left those wafers thoroughly, then leave the doors (or windows) open for a while, and then never buy those durian wafers again - if they smell like a harsh chemical after leaving them in your car for just one night, I wouldn't want to eat them ;)

Thanks guys, There is no residue from the wafers so I have nothing to clean, they stayed in a sealed packet. I guess I best leave the windows open wide..but I will have to watch no one steals the car :D

I didn't eat the wafers. They smelled so bad like chemicals that I thought I might get ill. They are now safely in the garbage truck.

So, Scoobyqueen, I'm kind of curious - do you like the smell of Dettol or Durian?

:wink: I do like the smell of Durian as well. I also like the smell of ammoniac, terpentine, 风油精, nail varnish and in China they use really poisonous smelling paint...

Something to do with my nose not being straight (inside) I was once told.

I once had a very bad smell in my car (we're going back a few years, it was a Fiat 127). It got worse and worse, and I had to drive with the windows open.

Eventually (hey, I was a student) I stopped being lazy and checked around the car. Turned out that two weeks previously a pint of milk had fallen out of a carrierbag and lodged under my seat.

You'll need one of these beauties

You turn the air con to recirculate, let the canister off and then leave it for 10 mins until it's empty. They are designed for cleaning the air con system, but will freshen up the whole vehicle.

Failing that idea, a lemon cut in half would help.

Edited by xianhua

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone :)

Leaving all the windows open while I drove for a few miles really helped and the smell has pretty much gone now. *phew*

Those wafers are dangerous! I swear even real durian fruit doesn;t smell like that! I thought I'd bust something in the car at first.

No more wafers!

Haha, well, you never know...real durians smell so bad it's illegal to take them on the MRT in Singapore, let alone durian wafers that contain "artificial durians" according to that website... ;) But yeah, it was probably a bad batch - I hope so at least!

• 1 month later...

I don't know, but i know smoking doesn't help. I worked in a disaster several times and in the worst one, more than 1000 corpse were laid on the floor and all my hair and clothing stink. I smoked and thought that it was really a genius to fumigate my cloth in that way. In turn, my clothing was full of a mixed odor of corpse and tobacco as if I kissed a heavy chain smoking corpse.