Chinese-Forums

Durian smell

a_foxie_smile

CleverMae: I agree I think they went bad.

Eastwood: It is fine to put it in the fridge. It keeps much longer that way.

mcgau: Wow, your experience sounds very hard! I think it is amazing that people help out in this way. Oh but smoking...never makes anything small better :wink:

• 1 year later...
I do like the smell of Durian as well. I also like the smell of ammoniac, terpentine, 风油精, nail varnish and in China they use really poisonous smelling paint...

Something to do with my nose not being straight (inside) I was once told

I am resurrecting this thread as I wish I had known earlier what this urge to smell stuff was an important symptom I missed for so long. I just spent four days in hospital with the docs forcing me to cancel a trip to the US as my haemoglobin values at 8 were too low. This is also called anemia. The source was successfully found thank god but I wish I had spotted this symptom already in 2009! Apparently the urge to smell strong smells such as alcohol rub, paint, petrol etc can be a symptoms of anemia. It is called Pica. Anyway in case anyone out there feels the same way it might be that. I went to the doc because my pulse rocketed when exercising (200 beats per minutes as established by the heartmonitor they gave me). But I only had these two symptoms. Oh and the Chinese kept complimenting me on how white I looked.