Chinese-Forums

Orlando Florida Area, Chinese speakers and learners.

MadamKatherineV

Hello, all!

My name is Katherine. I live in the central Florida area, and am learning Mandarin Chinese after an absence of studying. I am looking to find speakers, and learners of Mandarin Chinese, to talk with, and perhaps study with.

I love Chinese, and my vocabulary is not very large, so I figure practice, practice, practice, and meeting speakers of Chinese, whom I may converse with, is a good experience.

Katherine V. London.

Hello Katherine,

I'm not in Orlando but close by (two hour drive). Are you new to Orlando? They used to have a Meetup group there but it died due to lack of interest. There are a few places you can go but Orlando, and even Florida, is not the best place to go for learners of Chinese.

If I can remember any I'll post it for you. In the mean time, you can always do some online stuff. Plenty of people in China wanting to do language exchange with MSN or Skype...

hth,

The University of South Florida in Tampa has a Chinese Corner meetup once a week. Depending upon where you are in Orlando, it might be worth the trip. If UCF has Chinese classes they might have something similar. Try calling their foreign language department. If they don't host one they likely will know where one is being held..

Orcthech: Thank you for the suggestion. Tampa is quite far from where I live, and I do not have efficient transportation to get that far.

Everyone: Do you two, or anyone know a way to find Chinese (or French) pen-pals online who are looking to Skype and communicate. It would help my vocal language.