Chinese-Forums

准考证 Name Wrong

kdavid

I've registered to take the HSK 初中 on Sunday. This will be my first time sitting this exam.

I went to collect my 准考证 this morning only to find that they've written my middle name incorrectly. Everything else is fine. The guy had no idea how to correct the problem.

Anyone with any experience with this? I don't care so much about this paper as I do the final certificate/transcript whatever. A spelling error on that would obviously be an issue.

The guy had no idea how to correct the problem.

Should just be a case of phoning the HSK office in Beijing and having them change it on the computer - whether you want to hassle your local office into doing that, or just do it yourself is up to you. Although you may well just end up with a different error.

And he just 把你打發走了? Unbelievable!

Yeah, but that's just the way things are here, so it didn't seem out of the norm.

I called the office later after I made this post to inquire about the solution. They told me they made a note on another official paper, and that the error had been corrected.

I guess I'll find out if that's really the case once I get my certificate.