Chinese-Forums

small school mandarin in QD ?

jobin

am considering qingdao for more mandarin study but do not want big university setting. i read about 'bincai' school in harbin on the general page and wonder if similar schools can be found in QD. month to month, small class, no great push towards HSK, lots of listening and speaking. some news here about one year old, maybe more recent info possible. thanks if you can help. harbin may be wonderful but my toes get cold easily!! and i don't drink vodka.

• 3 weeks later...

Although I don't want to learn chinese but I am also looking for the mandarin school in Qingdao.I am Qingdaoness and lived in Shanghai for 2 years for teaching chinese in language institute. Last month, I moved back with my husband and try to find a teaching job in the school.Maybe we can share some info.

I had searched 2-3 laguage schools here.The first is Jinghua Bowen which is near Qingdao University.I have to say the school is not as good as what I thought.Most of students are from Korea(Qingdao has the bigest population of Korea in China).The teather is not full time and the class is so cold when I sit there.

The second one I searched is Jinghua language school. It is English language trainning school but also training chinese now. The third one is Gothe institute which I heard from my Germany friend.He told me the teacher is full time and the school can privde group class or 1 to 1 class.I didn't go to these schools yet, so I can't tell you the teacher's level.I am planing to go there with my friend and have a class for testing.

As a chinese teacher,I have to say,Shanghai and Beijing is better place to learn chinese.There are a lot of pefessional language schools which has skilled teatcher and can offord you personal class,like Mandarin House which I worked for.But the choices in Qingdao is limited.

Wish the above info can help you.

• 2 months later...

I'm also looking for a private school in QD to study a few weeks this winter (intensive maybe one to one).

So far, I've found 3 schools on internet

- international house : http://www.ihqd.com

- qinghua language training school : http://www.qdjinghua.com.cn

- huayi school : http://www.huayischool.com

Does anyone know these schools ? Any positive or negative feedback ?

By the way, what's the best area in QD to be based ?

• 3 weeks later...

I know the first two schools.Never heard of the third one. The international house acturally is an English trainning school.Maybe now they also do the chinese trainning. Jinghua is the school helps chinese people go aborad as a chinese teacher.I consulted them about the chinese lesson, but not as good as I thought.