Chinese-Forums

Which English accent (from English speaking countries) do you like the most?

doraemon

Which English accent (from English speaking countries) do you like the most?  

1. 1. Which English accent (from English speaking countries) do you like the most?

• American
    • Australian
    • British
    • Canadian
    • Irish
    • New Zealand
    • Scottish
    • Caribbean

Is there anything called "ABA Accent"? I mean American Born Asian Accent.

Their speech tends to be clearer, can be slow and fast, and they have a very tolerate ears to take many wrong pronunciation. (possibly thanks to their non native english speaking parents ) They can make a great guesswork and play a great riddle on guessing what non-native speakers want to talk about and they're able to use a lot of simple vocab to help you understand what they're talking about.

I like New Zealand accent, not all about accent, but it seems to me that people there are so nice and humble.

When they asked me "do you have anternit (internet) here? " and i begged them pardon, they apologized for their "poor & unclear mispronunciation" and i was right there to help him to correct their "English pronunciation". They followed it.

You know, it's like a British Chinese learner who's so bad at speaking Chinese but he tries to correct the mandarin pronunciation of native Chinese. The Chinese accept it. It's strangely great.

You like the accent because you like the people who speak it.